Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    My treo 700w's brightness setting changes by itself. It makes the brightness go dimmer after a while and then I have to set it back to how I like it. And when it sets itself it sets it to almost as dark as it can go. Is this happening to anyone else?
    yeh it does that to me too and I am cluless why....anyone?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Same here. I too haven't figured out what causes it (although it mainly seems to happen when I REALLY need it brighter, like being in direct sunlight). Hint, hitting "Alt-P" is a shortcut to setting it back I believe.
    Does it to me when it gets hot or the battery is low
    I get this as well. ...usually after resets. It resets the backlight timer to 1 min.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Any of you guys using GoodLink 4.8.x? The latest verson messes with setting like that and changes the dim back to 10 secs after EVERY reset
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross
    Any of you guys using GoodLink 4.8.x? The latest verson messes with setting like that and changes the dim back to 10 secs after EVERY reset
    nope.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross
    No I am not using anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by StillCrazy
    Does it to me when it gets hot or the battery is low
    Same here
    Nope but mine is definatley heat related
    Im having the same problem....noticed it when using the phone for a period of an hour or more. IF i need to use the touch screen it does not light up. really dark to see in coming calls. BTW sprint of courseis no help. the store said it was a software issue and to call the phone tech ....did that and they said its a hard ware issue and phone needs to be replaced.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nb0517
    Im having the same problem....noticed it when using the phone for a period of an hour or more. IF i need to use the touch screen it does not light up. really dark to see in coming calls. BTW sprint of courseis no help. the store said it was a software issue and to call the phone tech ....did that and they said its a hard ware issue and phone needs to be replaced.
    Are you talking about a Treo 700w?? With Sprint??
    yea i had the same problem when i had my crappy 700w. Its a software problem hopefully they will fix it with the next update. Buy a 700p.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    yea i had the same problem when i had my crappy 700w. Its a software problem hopefully they will fix it with the next update. Buy a 700p.
    No thanks. I'll stick with my 700w.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    No thanks. I'll stick with my 700w.
    agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Are you talking about a Treo 700w?? With Sprint??

my phones a 700p with sprint