1.    #1  
    What is Hubdog ?

“ A revolutionary new way to enjoy your Pocket PC, and it’s absolutely FREE !”

Play, find, share, publish and discover fresh infotainment & entertainment content across unlimited media channels fit to your mobile device.

HubDog lets you aggregate Media, Podcast, Vidcast channels directly to your Windows Mobile Pocket PC. Hubdog combines a streamlined RSS reader, podcast player, a unique search engine, and channels that can be shared among community members and synced with Internet Explorer and Firefox desktop web browsers.

FETCH
    Fetch your favorite web media and bring it to your Pocket PC, access content online and offline wherever you are, everywhere you go ! Generate Topic Watch channels from specific keywords via Google News, Flickr, Webjay, Fotolia, Blinkx and many other digital content catalogues embedded within Hubdog’s unique mobile media search engine.

Share your public channels with every member of the Hubdog community, browse and subscribe to other member’s channels, browse channels by tag, discover suggested content, latest channel entries and most popular community channels.

PLAY
    Gain access to a constantly expanding free mobile content community where you can combine your favorite Podcasts, Blogs, Videos, Image, Music and Text feeds in as many mobile channels as you can imagine.

I've attached pics of how HubDog looks on my device. I think its pretty amazing, and its the first vidcast application I've heard of for PPC!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    But how does it work on the Treo 700w?
  3.    #3  
    Hopefully someone with a Treo 700w will try it and give some feedback! I'm not sure how much available Program memory is on the 700w, but it does use quite a bit of resources. However, they seem to be updating it pretty frequently so that may improve.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    I've been playing around with HubDog and I'm pretty amazed! Here's a brief description from www.hubdog.com:

What is Hubdog ?

“ A revolutionary new way to enjoy your Pocket PC, and it’s absolutely FREE ! ”

Hubdog combines a streamlined RSS reader, a podcast player, a unique media search engine, and channels that can be shared among community members.

Hubdog allows you to download news, radio, music and video podcasts, blogs and any RSS feed onto your pocket pc so you can read, listen or watch it at the time and place that best suits you.

Hubdog can be used for multiple purposes; for business, for pleasure, as your mobile lifestyle companion.
    Check it out and post your comments!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    site's down :-\

update: site works now, looks interesting, can't wait to try it out. thanks!
    Last edited by ft5117; 09/25/2006 at 05:17 AM.
  6.    #6  
    So, was anyone successful in running this on their Treo?
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    For me it's been off and on the last few days. I've re-installed it several times. Perhaps it's just not ready?

Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896 View Post
    So, was anyone successful in running this on their Treo?
    Anyone else had any success?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    hubdog runs like ****, but looks like a great idea. I wonder if it runs like **** or the .Net 2.0 runs like ****, or both? I will keep at it I could really use this.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    it runs like **** on the 700wx...but looks cool.
    <Like threads merged>
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone`` View Post
    For me it's been off and on the last few days. I've re-installed it several times. Perhaps it's just not ready?

Anyone else had any success?
    i can only comment on the channel feeds, i haven't tried the podcasts or anything else (mainly because i haven't had time to figure out how to d/l them)

i've been using it to get the news feeds from cnn, bbc, and yahoo news. the cnn feeds only provide article title and requires me to connect to the cnn page to read it there, which is a hassle and uses up airtime. the yahoo news is decent, lets me read the first few paragraphs of the article, then decide if i want to connect and read the rest of the article. the bbc feeds were a mix of links and previews.

you're right about the memory hog characteristic. so far, the one thing i dont like about the linking is that once PIE opens, the Hubdog app automatically closes.

is there a simple way to set up the podcast and rss downloads?

is there a way to download the video streaming from cnn.com?

thanks.
    If you're after nice handling of audio / video enclosures within RSS feeds, FeederReader is very good at this and has been around for a while ...