1.    #1  
    how ya doin?

I'm new to this site, so this may be in the wrong section, but I'm wondering where are the best websites to download wallpapers for the Treo 700w. I'm looking for some New York Rangers-themed wallpaper... thanks in advance for any help
    If you just open any type of picture file you can set it to your wallpaper, I remember reading about someone using a high resolution image which causes his Treo to lag/run slower so be aware. Just sync photos onto your treo or use a SD card. Hope this helps. I don't know of any mobile wallpaper sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by iversoni03
    If you just open any type of picture file you can set it to your wallpaper, I remember reading about someone using a high resolution image which causes his Treo to lag/run slower so be aware. Just sync photos onto your treo or use a SD card. Hope this helps. I don't know of any mobile wallpaper sites.
    Just make sure you use a photo editor that will allow you to crop and resize the image (240x240) and save as a JPG (I reduced a 4mb personal photo to about 13k to use as my background and it looks great).

Neil
    Year or you can do it all on your desktop using some software suchas a photo shop. Just re-size the image you want and stick it on your treo using hotsync or a card reader how ever you do it. The on the treo its then simple as pie to set up.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Sorry to bring up a slightly old thread, but is there a way to use .gif pictures on the today screen and actually have them animated instead of stuck on one of the frames?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccstooge
    Sorry to bring up a slightly old thread, but is there a way to use .gif pictures on the today screen and actually have them animated instead of stuck on one of the frames?
    I'm not quite sure what you are trying to animate. I've tried using animated GIf's in my speed dials and had no luck. There are a few commercial programs to animate the today background but I don't know if they work on the Treo. Here is one:
    http://gigabytesol.com/anitoday.htm

Neil
    I'm trying to make an animated .gif my Today screen background (by going into the settings->today screen and setting it as the background. It won't "play" the gif file though, it only stays on one frame of the gif.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccstooge
    I'm trying to make an animated .gif my Today screen background (by going into the settings->today screen and setting it as the background. It won't "play" the gif file though, it only stays on one frame of the gif.
    Don't think it will work (which is strange because animated gifs do play just fine when viewing them on webpages in Internet Explorer).

Neil
    Is there anything you can make work to have an animated background? Or would it have to be an animated theme like mentioned above? Even if I could make an html page containing it (or Flash) the b/g (like windows), that would work. I never tried this on my X51V... but never had a cool animation for mazda626.net before either
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    have you tried software like Pocket McDeb? There's a freeware site:

http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com (switch to the English site by clicking on the British flag unless you can read and understand French) and search for Tkcreator (freeware) that lets you design your own theme from a picture appropriate for the 240x240 screen and customize all the aspects of the OS otherwise.

There's plenty of freeware out there including the software from MS that lets you create themes MS Theme Creator I think it's called.
    Thanks, I hadn't had time to check out theme creator's yet. I'll see if I can animate a theme with that!

Edit: have to try one of the flash theme makers, can't use that one to make animated themes.
    Last edited by ccstooge; 07/03/2006 at 12:12 PM.