Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by racklefratz
    It dang well better not. If it does, I get in there and figger out what's going on and FIX IT! I don't tolerate that stuff.
    Many corporate outfits and home users routinely wipe their hard drives periodically and reinstall windows when their puters get sluggish. Installing and uninstalling programs, crashes etc leave a set of junk behind that clutters up ya HD and registry and slows it down. You can routinely see 20-40% (some peeps report 100%) increases in benchmarks wiping a system, running a good diskchecker (i.e. Spinrite) and reinstalling.
    I have had my Treo for 4 months-my 2nd one. I average 2-3 soft resets aweek and no hard resets so far. The only programs I use outside of those that came with the phone is Vito Audionotes and an Ambicon wireless card.
    I've had my 700 for about 6 months now and it is running great esp. since the update. I also have Sprit Backup scheduled every night and I never seem to have to reset at all.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    I also have my 700w for while and it runs much better after the update specially and after i removed my favorite application which tries to close active sync (Magic Button)
  5.    #25  
    This is all good to hear. My Treo has somehow started to work better/smoother in recent weeks. I have no idea why, because I haven't changed a thing on it since the update in May. One issue that has cropped up is that when I go to unlock the phone, there is a long delay between when I press the center button and when it acutally unlocks. This just started happening in the last week or so. Will have to do a search on here to see what the problem might be. It's different than it now powering on right away, which I solved with the reg edit.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Installing and uninstalling programs, crashes etc leave a set of junk behind that clutters up ya HD and registry and slows it down. You can routinely see 20-40% (some peeps report 100%) increases in benchmarks wiping a system, running a good diskchecker (i.e. Spinrite) and reinstalling.
    Correct. I never let my system collect all that old leftover stuff. I freqently use Registry Mechanic to find and eliminate most of it, and I'm not afraid to get in there manually and delete anything I don't like the looks of.

I make weekly mirror images of my root drive and keep the latest three, so if the worst happens, I can either selectively restore any files or folders that may be corrupt, or restore the entire drive in about 30 minutes. I'm on it, man.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12