1.    #1  
    Hello all -

I got the fellows writeright screen protectors and want to take it off - there's crap underneath of it that's driving me nuts. How do you take it off. I can't seem to grab a corner to pull it off or anything, the edge of the screen (the plastic part) is in the way.

Anyone?

Andy
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    There is a thread on this subject already. Search for it next time.

But to answer your question. Try scotch tape on the corners, and pull back.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    There is a thread on this subject already. Search for it next time.

But to answer your question. Try scotch tape on the corners, and pull back.
    I actually tried three searches, nothing came up.

But thanks anyway.
  4.    #4  
    Scotch tape ain't working...

any other ideas?
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rogers
    Scotch tape ain't working...

any other ideas?
    How are you doing it?
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I actually tried three searches, nothing came up.

But thanks anyway.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...reen+protector
    I went through the same hell with the Fellows protectors (returned the remaining package to CompUSA). I almost ripped my screen apart fighting to remove it (I think I did something stupid like using a sharp awl in the corner and by some miracle did not scratch the screen). You get what you pay for. A good protector like Boxware does not pose such a problem.

Neil
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by shrink57
    I went through the same hell with the Fellows protectors (returned the remaining package to CompUSA). I almost ripped my screen apart fighting to remove it (I think I did something stupid like using a sharp awl in the corner and by some miracle did not scratch the screen). You get what you pay for. A good protector like Boxware does not pose such a problem.

Neil
    Funny - I used an awl to get mine off last night... Didn't do any damage - just pulled enough off to grab it. Probably not my proudest moment, but there was crap under it. When I reapplied a new one (I'm a firm believer of using everything and not wasting an entire pack of protectors because they're not the most convenient - I only have about 30 more to go!), my solution was to leave a little room at the bottom to get to it, I didn't cut it so perfectly that the edges actually tucked under the plastic frame. A little foresight would've saved me a bunch of heartache last night...

Andy
    Well the other thing to try is and I know that it might sound a little weird but here it goes...

duct tape on the corner. It grab it pretty good and pulled away from the screen.

That is my 2 cents...
    Toothpick to the corner...lift...peel...
    Funny - I used an awl to get mine off last night... Didn't do any damage - just pulled enough off to grab it. Probably not my proudest moment, but there was crap under it. When I reapplied a new one (I'm a firm believer of using everything and not wasting an entire pack of protectors because they're not the most convenient - I only have about 30 more to go!), my solution was to leave a little room at the bottom to get to it, I didn't cut it so perfectly that the edges actually tucked under the plastic frame. A little foresight would've saved me a bunch of heartache last night...

Andy
    Glad it worked out. The main problem I found with the Fellows protectors are they are so thin (and the adhesive is so strong). Boxware uses a thicker material that is much easier grab the edge and lift off. It is also easier to get rid of any bubbles when applying.

Neil
    I like the Martin Fields Overlay Plus. overlayplus.com
    Any else tried these?

http://www.pda-now.com/screenprotector.php

I originally bought one for my PSP after having bad luck with cheap protectors dimishing the image quality on screen. I got one for my Sony digi cam and just got one for my 700w. So far it works great. I was initially worried about it not working well with the touch screen because the protector was fairly thick. No probs for about a month though.