1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I was fiddling around with the phone, and noticed that it seems to have GPS capabilities. Is there a quality, free program out there for GPS navigation?

-Adam
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Doesn't work like that. The GPS settings in WM5 is only a set of drivers to manage your GPS receiver and any software packages that you purchase/download. There are several free GPS locator software offerings, but you still gotta fork over the moolah for a receiver.
    Wasn't VZW trialing a mapping service that would use the E911 GPS capabilities in the phone? I could of sworn I saw that for a hot minute somewhere. IMO, this would have been an excellent device to test such a service.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Calhoun
    Wasn't VZW trialing a mapping service that would use the E911 GPS capabilities in the phone? I could of sworn I saw that for a hot minute somewhere. IMO, this would have been an excellent device to test such a service.
    I saw a blurb on that as well, but as I recall it was slated to be a subscription service in the $10 per month price range. I hate subscription services...