Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I've got 9.21mb. How about you? (and how did you do it)
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I have like 12.36 or 12.38 after a soft reset.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd
    I have like 12.36 or 12.38 after a soft reset.
    you forgot the how you did it part!
    After:
    soft reset : 12.91
    Connect to EVDO : 11.03
    Load of Voice Command : 8.98
    Load of PIE : 7.86

Remember that Oxios Hibernate is your friend.
    Last edited by hannip; 06/16/2006 at 05:22 PM.
    After soft reset 14.18 with Resco today plugin, 2 rows of apps from BatteryPack 2.x and the search plugin.

I was going to try Oxio and use MemMaid to add it to the que, but there were others who said it was a problem. Please post your experiences in that thread. Thx.
    SKTools has a feature to free up memory (I can create a shortcut to that component). I find it will get me back up to about 11mb after being down to 4-5 after running a few apps. I run Oxios but it doesn't seem to be doing that much.

Neil
    I never bothered automating Oxios. it's always in my recent apps list at the top of the start menu so I just click it when I need a couple of extra megs. I've never had it crash or hang my device.

I have SKTools, but I haven't tried the free memory app. Think I'll give it a try.

ppcmd: how did you get the extra meg?
    I honestly don't know. I run Valksoft Space Reclaimer and SKtools FreeRAM to clean stuff up.
    I have 58.7mb...whoops wrong thread.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I have 58.7mb...whoops wrong thread.
    u r a dink
    17.8 MB... ahhh not a 650 thread
    Synced for the 1st time with my PC, no 3rd party apps installed I have 10.80 mb free after a reset. I installed 5 programs and it went to 5.30 mb after a resent and now programs running. How do I get the stuff I don't use out of the program memory. I don't use a number of the programs that come pre installed on the phone and I can't find out how to remove them.

Help
    I was of the impression that if the program is not running then it wouldn't be using program memory. so even if you uninstall, say, solitaire (if you could), it wouldn't affect how much free program memory you have.
    Free program memory is based on what is running, is it not?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmaclean
    Synced for the 1st time with my PC, no 3rd party apps installed I have 10.80 mb free after a reset. I installed 5 programs and it went to 5.30 mb after a resent and now programs running. How do I get the stuff I don't use out of the program memory. I don't use a number of the programs that come pre installed on the phone and I can't find out how to remove them.

Help
    Programs don't use up much memory when they are not running.

Today Plugins (even the builtin ones) use up memory. Disable those you don't need or use.

What 5 programs did you install? If they have today plugins, they will consume memory. If they add \windows\startup links, they will consume memory. Otherwise, they probably won't do much to your memory until you use them.

If you are using Voice Command, your memory will be used up with quickness.

Wireless Sync uses up memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Programs don't use up much memory when they are not running.
    1. But don't they stay running on WM unless you manually shut them all down ?

2. And on Treos.....unless it's on an SD card, doesn't it still eat up memory ?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    1. But don't they stay running on WM unless you manually shut them all down ?

2. And on Treos.....unless it's on an SD card, doesn't it still eat up memory ?
    1. If you open programs, they will run and use memory until you close them. Otherwise, they just sit there either in ROM, (if builtin), in Storage (if installed on the device), or on the Storage Card (if installed there).

2. On Treos, programs eat up Storage (not main memory) if not installed on a storage card.
    I'm looking at letting the 700p go back to palm and selling my 6700 when the 700w comes to sprint but I'm worried about the low program memory.

I think I have 28 megs for running programs on my 6700 and have never paid any attention to it. I've never got a message that a program couldn't run for lack of memory.

Is this an issue on the 700w? If you have around 5 apps running, maybe 2 PIM, a SPB finance, pocket breeze, PIE and 1 or 2 small/medium size apps running will you get an error message?
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    It will probably automatically close 1 or 2 of the apps
    As soon as your loaded apps reduce the free program memory to 5mb or below the next app that you load will cause some other app to close. I think this is normal operating procedure for WM5, however it is most noticable on the 700w due to the limited program memory available.

So you can run many small footprint apps, or 1 or 2 large footprint apps at the same time.
    Thanks. I'll have to double check how much program memory I have and use on my 6700. It seems the 700w is the best form factor with the best operating system. Thanks again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast