1.    #1  
    Hey guys, new to the board! I just got a Treo 700w, and I must say I love it. I was wondering if someone could tell me how to make custom ringtones for it.

And also, is it possible to change the background image ("screen saver" as it's commonly known amongst other cellphones)?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDahlia
    Hey guys, new to the board! I just got a Treo 700w, and I must say I love it. I was wondering if someone could tell me how to make custom ringtones for it.

And also, is it possible to change the background image ("screen saver" as it's commonly known amongst other cellphones)?
    For the ringtones - just copy your ringtone to the \windows\rings directory. Then you can choose it from the Sounds & Notifications App under Start Settings. If you need to make them, I use a free app called Audacity to cut up MP3 or WAV files and save pieces of them.

As for wallpaper, I find it easiest just to copy them to My Pictures (or any directory you want), then go to Start - Settings - Today. From there you can choose your pic to use. You can also get to it from the today screen by pressing Menu - Preferences - Today Settings
    If you want to create your own themes you can get a program like thememaker x which will allow you to use pictures, alter them, change the color of text, lines, menu bars, etc. It works much better than using pictures, especially since you can change the color of the text and fade over backgrounds to make the pictures and text all more useable/viewable. Here are a couple of the ones one I did with ThemeMakerX:
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses guys! That theme idea is pretty cool, I may have to get some help from a buddy of mine and have him make me some cool images.
  5.    #5  
    Anyone know some cool places to get skins? Some of these were alright on ThemeMaker X's site, but I want see some really cool ones for my phone before I attempt my own.