Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Sprint shouldn't have to as their entire network will eventually be converted to EVDO. Portions of Verizon's network will never be EVDO capable, so this is their way of compensating.
    Thanks Kupe - Unfortunately for me, my home is not on the EVDO network yet. But I wasn't aware that Sprint was converting 100% of their network to EVDO so thanks.
    My phone still doesnt give me the option in my 1xRtt areas to answer the call. I cannot wait for this functionality!

Does anyone actually have this feature yet?
    mine doesn't give me the option yet either, granted I do have evdo at my house, but it will be nice to use data while camping or fishing and not have calls go to voicemail!
    I would call verizon to ask about this but I cant imagine I would find anyone who knew about this feature.
  5.    #25  
    Well...I now have CPOP in my area. I'm still holding off on the upgrade yet. Trying to decide if the Push Email is worth it. I get my email pretty snappy right now the SMS way.
    Last edited by jdr00ejr; 07/18/2006 at 07:07 AM.
    i was talking to someone from VZW last night while getting my 700w swapped out, and they had no idea about it
    So I guess we are pretty far from that becoming a reality. I cant wait for that feature!
    For the people who already have the CPOP feature; Is it showing up in your account if you look it up online?
    I dont think anyone has it yet.
    Yeah, I still don't have it yet. Our verizon contact told us the networks have been upgraded to CPOP, they just need to add it to accounts...

It also appears that link Verizon had on its site is down... weird.
    Found it here! CPOP link
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevetd
    For the people who already have the CPOP feature; Is it showing up in your account if you look it up online?
    I have the feature with my Treo 650 in the NYC area. There's no indication that I can see online on my account to indicate it's active. I just now can take voice calls in the middle of data transmissions.
    But in NYC it is probably a EVdo area. You can get voice calls while in a 1X area?
    It is now functional on my phone. I'm in western NC.
    Anyone else? I am still not getting it.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    CPOP functions in San Diego, CA.

Try these: (cut and paste from the VZW site)
    Reactivate CPOP: Dial *765 (Allows Voice Call to Interrupt Data Session)
    Deactivate CPOP: Dial *7650 (Prevents Voice Call from interrupting Data Session)
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    I got 3 beeps when I dialed *765. Is that what I am suppose to hear?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    I got 3 beeps when I dialed *765. Is that what I am suppose to hear?
    Yeah..it should work

(works great in NYC)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein
    But in NYC it is probably a EVdo area. You can get voice calls while in a 1X area?
    Yes, NYC activated CPOP a week or so ago. Dial *765 just to make sure, then start a 1x sync (there's a bunch of places where EV isn't running in Queens) and call yourself...
    working for me too now. I just wish it would make some noise or ring. sometimes activesync is doing its thing without me and I don't hear any ringing
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12