Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've had mine for almost a week.

In that week, I've installed and removed several pieces of software, synched a few dozen times, installed the update and I've had no problems with the exception of the o kb temp files which was fixed by the update - which installed as advertised. I couldn't be happier

I've had a Palm V, a Palm m100, a Palm Zire 32 and a Blackberry 7520. This is BY FAR the cleanest PDA I've ever used... I do miss graffiti for text input, but I'm getting over it.

I've only had to reset twice and once was for the update.

Some people will never be happy - they just can't get past the lack of memory...
    i haven't had to reset even once. i'm happy!
    You can still use Graffiti. When you're in an area that text can be input, a little keyboard icon shows up on the bottom of the screen. There's a pop-up menu triangle next to it and you can select "block recognizer" and Graffiti away.

Granted, it does take up a chunk of the screen for a place to write your graffiti.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster452
    You can still use Graffiti. When you're in an area that text can be input, a little keyboard icon shows up on the bottom of the screen. There's a pop-up menu triangle next to it and you can select "block recognizer" and Graffiti away.

Granted, it does take up a chunk of the screen for a place to write your graffiti.
    Holy cow! This is the best device ever!

Any side effects, like screen scratching, etc?
    it sounds like you don't have a screen protector. I purchased the ones advertised/sold on this website and they work very well. I recently sent back a treo that I'd had since January. When I pulled off the screen protector for the replacement treo the screen on the old one looked like it was brand new. The screen protectors don't affect input or picture quality at all.
  6.    #26  
    Using your Treo without a screen protector is like having intimate relations with protection!
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    The comment below was made about a Treo 600 but it is also my experience with the Treo 700W:

"I might have missed this in going through the list...but how about the fact that our "high-tech" noise canceling mic cancels the noise your voice makes when you talk, preventing it from getting to the person you are talking to. I can't even attempt to hold a conversation with someone if there is any kind of background noise. In all the years I've had Sprint, I've never heard so many:

"I'll call you back we must have a bad connection"
    "are you on a headset?"
    "I think my phone is messing up"

Nope, none of the above, it's just that my $600 phone has a piece of crap mic."

The 700W also has terrible noise canceling on the mic. In a bar the phone becomes useless. The best phone I have had for noisy locations was my old Startec. Other more recent phones like my LG 6000 have been decent. The 700W is horrendous. I end up having to text people and not use the phone. I may be forced to experiment with headphones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12