Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    What's the difference between checking and unchecking the "CONNECT AND CHECK FOR MESSAGES EVERY" and then whatever minutes on the DELIVERY PREFERECES. Even though I uncheck the box, it still seems to connect to the internet to check my mail.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    bump
    Self-expalnatory. If it still checks for messages with the bix unchecked, then chances are its not OUTLOOK checking for mail. You use wireless sync? The mail account titled "Outlook Mail" is not configurable through outlook, but through the outside program that is syncing with outlook
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    If you are referring to a POP account, then there is a bug in the way you enter the polling interval post-update. From what I understand, the only way to turn off periodic polling is to enter a "0" in the interval box before unchecking it.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinsky
    If you are referring to a POP account, then there is a bug in the way you enter the polling interval post-update. From what I understand, the only way to turn off periodic polling is to enter a "0" in the interval box before unchecking it.

Yup, that's exactly what the problem is. Only when i put 0, it will turn off sporadic communication with the pop server. Hope they fix this in the next update.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    If you want periodic polling, just put the interval into the interval box before you uncheck it. It will honor this interval with periodic polling - it's just counter-intuitive.