1.    #1  
    Is anyone using there 700w without a dataplan
    my buddy from work is, no problems.....
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Honestly, if you are not gonna use dataplan, what's the point of getting a smartphone???? Or is it just me who uses couple of gigs of data every month?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanlee
    Honestly, if you are not gonna use dataplan, what's the point of getting a smartphone???? Or is it just me who uses couple of gigs of data every month?
    I don't have a data plan...
    I bluetooth sync with outlook and use the contacts, calendar and tasks...
    I use email... but don't need it immediatly so when I get home I just turn on bluetooth, sync up and emails I created during the day get sent out through outlook.
    While I'm connected through bluetooth I use pie plus and while I'm on the back porch sippin somthin... I can browse the internet.

I also use my treo as my MP3 player, movie player, word and excel usage, etc...

ITS AWSOME... even without the immediate data connection.

Paul G
    <><
    I have a 2 gig a month habit too. Why spend the money on one, if you aren't going to use the features IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    I have a 2 gig a month habit too. Why spend the money on one, if you aren't going to use the features IMO.

What type of things are you doing to get up to 2gigs a month? I saw Verizon has a 10MB month plan, how fast would it take to reach the 10MB?

Thanks!
    If you browse the web, you'll eat 10MB in a few webpages.

To the OP, if there are wifi hotspots near where you are a lot, you might also consider getting a SDIO wifi card, so you can get online for free (assuming the hotspots are free)
    anyone know of a utility that can be run on the treo to scan for wifi spots when you are out?