1.    #1  
    I was at verzion the other day and the sale rep told me that the 700w have limitation and i was wondering if anyone know the they are
    The three main issues for me are:

1) not enough program memory for multitasking unless you are using programs that don't consume a lot of memory. If you are running a larger application such as the browser and try to open another application, your browser will close because of the low memory condition. Even though palm claims there is 128MB of user accessible memory you really only get about 15MB max of program memory. The rest is used for storage and the operating system.

2) no A2DP support for stereo bluetooth headphones.

3) Voice dialing doesn't work via a bluetooth headset.
    cant you just buy a miniSD card and everything will be fine.
    Yes, you can. People complaining about this device's "shortcomings" will never be happy with anything. I'll agree with the voice dialing, but it's not been as big of an issue for me as I thought it would. I've been using this for about two months now and I still love it. I threw a 1GB card in there and I'm good to go.
    oh ok hehe =-) i just bought a 2 giger from zipzoomfly.com 64 bucks figured that would be more than enough for anything..
    A SD card add storage memory (Which the 700w has 62 MB of). You want program memory, like the 512 MB or 1 GB you have on your desktop, of which the 700w only has 12-15 MB available. That's pretty cramped, and here is currently no way to fix it. Other WM devices would have 20 MB more usually.

Surur
  7.    #7  
    Thank for all the people who replied
    Quote Originally Posted by jwcave
    Yes, you can. People complaining about this device's "shortcomings" will never be happy with anything. I'll agree with the voice dialing, but it's not been as big of an issue for me as I thought it would. I've been using this for about two months now and I still love it. I threw a 1GB card in there and I'm good to go.
    agreed. this 700w is a totally solid device and it gets a real bad rap around here. I don't come upagainst mem issues more than once a week. totally tolerable. I love this thing.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    for people saying they dont come up against the mem issue are your basic user. i wouldnt call myself a power user but it would be nice to have agile messenger running w/o closing on its own. ive had internet explorer close when i opened up my email messages. if you like running one program at a time youll love this device, however, i cant wait till my year contract is up and something new is around at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbee21
    for people saying they dont come up against the mem issue are your basic user. i wouldnt call myself a power user but it would be nice to have agile messenger running w/o closing on its own. ive had internet explorer close when i opened up my email messages. if you like running one program at a time youll love this device, however, i cant wait till my year contract is up and something new is around at that time.
    I use it ootb apps and sprite. so you might have a point. I need damn good email phone, mp3 and internet. the w is stable and perfect for me.