Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    i would do that...but sometimes i want to stay on for long periods of time...sometimes i would just like to sign off completely.
    You can change the forwarding state on and off at

http://mobile1.aol.com/mobileaim/forwardims
    Has anyone had speed problems with the Palm WIFI card. I tried a speed test on my dsl connection and it is only showing somtimes 800kbps down speed, on my desktop I get 1.8Mbps. Any ideas?
    Can anyone verify that the Spectec wi-fi SD card will work with WPA-TKIP security enabled? Their website indicates that the card supports WPA and TKIP, but then so did the Socketcom website (I subsequently learned from their tech support folks that the Socketcom SD wifi card does NOT work with WPA-TKIP enabled on a Treo - and they STILL haven't updated their website to relfect this).

Has anyone tried the 802.11g Spectec card?

Thanks ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdog2112
    Has anyone had speed problems with the Palm WIFI card. I tried a speed test on my dsl connection and it is only showing somtimes 800kbps down speed, on my desktop I get 1.8Mbps. Any ideas?
    Here are my observations:

All tests using PIE via the dslreports 600k test.

Palm WiFi ranged between 500-800kbps (phone on or off made no diff)
    EVDO in good signal area: 700-900+kbps
    USB rndis through laptop to same wifi router: 1100+kbps

laptop speed test came out to around 2.1mbps using same wifi router.

So it would appear that the Palm WiFi driver has the most overhead out of all the access methods listed.
    Sorry to re-bump this, but I am debating over a purchase and would like some real world feedback from actual users:

Can anyone verify that the Spectec wi-fi SD card will work with WPA-TKIP security enabled? Their website indicates that the card supports WPA and TKIP, but then so did the Socketcom website (I subsequently learned from their tech support folks that the Socketcom SD wifi card does NOT work with WPA-TKIP enabled on a Treo - and they STILL haven't updated their website to relfect this).

Has anyone tried the 802.11g Spectec card?

Thanks ...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12