1.    #1  
    I would like to know if CDMA phones can be unlocked to be used on other cdma networks such as canadian CDMA networks and American networks

thank
    It's Simple really..........
    ...............Forgive
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I don't know about the phone that are being sold by Verizon, but I had an opportunity to work in Korea and as some of you may know, SK telecom in korea uses CDMA networks, and by far, they have the BEST phones in the world. Anyways, when I was trasnferred back to the States, I brought me and my wife's phones, and was able to unlock it to use with Verizon. Of course, this was done by some people who had vast knowledge about Korean cell phones. My guess would be that as long as it's cdma and uses 850 and 1900 frequencies, it's usable..
    You can't exactly "unlock" a CDMA phone, because it can't really be "locked" in the first place. The stumbling block to moving between networks is that the carrier has to activate the device, and most CDMA carriers won't activate a device that's not specifically approved for their network.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    If i remember correctly, the guy who fixed up my phone said that he had to do something with the ESN number and changing the NAM.. Being in financial field, this stuff ain't something that I'm familiar with.. So if anyone has any clue, then those two should be modified in order to use the phone in a different network.