Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Finally got an hour to set everything up yesterday... and it works great! I made one phone call to Tony at Semson's and he easily got me over a stumbling point. Other than that, a relative breeze. This little unit is great! I highly recommended!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I just bought the TomTom on ebay... its listed as:

New TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 Software Pocket PC & Palm

I picked it up for $135.00.... thought that was pretty good!

Hope it comes today or tomorrow.

TIA for the info in this thread... that way I can start with a correct install right away!!

Paul G
    <><
    Which 5.2 upgrade do I use - the 5.2 Tom Tom Mobile or 5.2xx Tom Tom Navigator?

Also, do I set up this software first, then the GPS, or the GPS first?

Thanks,
    Russ
    Last edited by russmd; 06/16/2006 at 08:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by russmd
    Which 5.2 upgrade do I use - the 5.2 Tom Tom Mobile or 5.2xx Tom Tom Navigator?

Also, do I set up this software first, then the GPS, or the GPS first?

Thanks,
    Russ
    Please answer- which upgrade?
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Tom Tom Mobile for pocket PC. Set up the software first, then set up your GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo
    Tom Tom Mobile for pocket PC. Set up the software first, then set up your GPS
    Thanks but on the site, the choices are TomTom Mobile 5.2 for WM5.0 or Tom Tom Navigator 5.2xx for PocketPC/Palm. Which???
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    mobile for wm5.0.... that's what your treo 700w runs.
    Thanks. Got it working pretty easily thanks to this forum. Now I have 2 questions:

1. Is there an easier way to copy map files to my storage card? Can they just be copied over on the pc rather than going thru the slow installation process? If so, which CD's are which maps?

2. When I followed the link on this forum to Semson's to purchase TomTom, it brought me to, and I bought, TomTom Navigator 5. That is what I have installed. But looking further into it now, I see there's also TomTom Mobile for WM5 smartphones. Is that what I should have gotten? If so, is there any reason for me to try to exchange it if my Navigator is working? Functionalities?

Thanks,
    Russ
    Last edited by russmd; 06/17/2006 at 09:27 AM.
    1. all i know is that the west maps are on cd2
    2. you got the right one. smartphone edition (i assume) dosn't support touch screen
    Has anyone tried the function on the POI page which allows you to call the phone number associated with the point of interest? Mine says "no phone found." Does this work for anyone else?
    Another issue - when I synced today, i got an "unresolved item" in the files - a file called "west-416c435c.mac" would not sync because insufficient memory or may be set to read only. I found that file in the Tomtom directory in the activesync folder. When I took it out of there, the rest of sync worked fine and TomTom also seems to work. Any idea what it was? Anybody see this before?
    Thanks,
    Russ
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12