1.    #1  
    my old phone SideKick II gets email pushed to it in about 5-15 second after the mail being sent.

I recently switched to a 700W. I got the VZ wireless sync "push email" working for my 700W. But the problem is the mail seems to take anywhere from 10-15min to get "pushed" to my phone after being sent.

I day trade and I set warnings and alerts emailed to me when stocks hit a certain price during the day. This way I don't have to constantly be in front of a PC. The 10-15 minute email delay on the 700w+WirelessSync is a no go as in that time span stock price could change alot and I would miss my window of opportunity.

I don't want the hassle of running my own exchange server or having my PC with outlook on 24/7. So I wouldn't mind paying a small monthly service if they can get me realtime push email like what I use to have on the SideKick II.

I just need basic email service, not much more than that.

For those that uses 4smartphone can you answer a few questions for me?
    1- Do the push email on that service really work as advertise? I mean in terms of realtime speed. Not like that VZ wireless sync sorry excuse for "push email"

2- Do I get an email address from them? like: myname@4smartphone.com?

3- Will their "spam filter" work for me in this situtation?
    This is how I have my old email/sidekick II email setup:
    - my sidekick email address is: myname@tmail.com but I don't tell anyone the address. Instead I use 3 existing email account from my own webhost that just forwards their mail to myname@tmail.

So for example:
    All emails from account1@mydomain.com, account2@mydomain.com, and account3@mydomain.com
    gets forwarded by my host server to myname@tmail.com
    and I get my email right away on my SideKick II.

Will the 4smartphone spam filter mark my domain forwarding the mail as junk mail? Some of those fowarded mails are junk mail will 4smartphone be smart enough to filter them out and let the legitament mail go through?

Thanks in adavnce for your help
    I setup one of my own domains at 4smartphone.net and also forward a few others to that email address. I get the emails on my treo before they even show up on my desktop. Even though I have a Pro account using my own domain, it looks like you do have an @smartphone.net email account that you can use.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    1 is true
    2 You use your own email address. You don't use their domain name.
    3 Their spam filter works BUT has to be set up by the user to block, fo instance, [bulk] mail.
    When I log into my 4smartphone.net account it shows a Forwarding Email which is my_username@4smartphone.net and I sent a message to it from my gmail account and it showed up on my phone right away. So you do get an email account on their domain, whether you are supposed to use it that way I'm not sure. I would check with thier support. I had a few problems setting things up at first and their support was VERY quick to respond and gave very detailed answers.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    hey man ur signature says "Tree 700w".

Just thought I'd let you know.
    DOH! Thanks.
  7.    #7  
    I'm going to subscribe to them.

quick question.
    1- I will probably need to delete the email account in the VZ wirelesssync website.
    2- do I still need that stupid Sync software running in the background/startup on my Treo 700w?
  8.    #8  
    just got it working and it is fast. about as fast as my old SKII.

too bad I have to pay extra for this features instead of it being part of the VZW plan

I get my emailed forwared from my domain to a 4smartphone doman address assigned to me.

they don't seem to filter spam out too well. but it's better than nothing.

4smartphone seems to do what I needed. but I'll see how it fairs during field test next week. then I'll pay for 1 year.

now of only.. there's a IM client that is as good and reliable as the AIM client on the sidekick
    Check out IM+. I have it running all the time with aol, icq, yahoo, and msn.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quick reply about your new site. I can't register to respond about your Seido extended battery posting because every time I fill in the necessary blanks, I get a SQL or PHP error or something.

About the Seido battery. Why would you buy the 2200MaH battery when Seido sells the 2400MaH battery which I bought from them for much less than $33.95?

Just curious.
    Thanks, I'm checking into the errors. I've made it so anyone can post for now.

On the battery, I actually didn't notice there was a 2400 version. I just ordered it out of the blue that day. I might sell it on ebay and get that one. Thanks for the heads up.
    I spoke with a 4smartphone rep the other day.. The service seems great.. But there was only 1 thing that might hinder me from using their service... We currently have our own 2000 exchange server (w/ 6 users). We always document everything in Goldmine (to cover our behinds).. Which means all sent/received emails are documented by my secretary.
    So if i send an email now from my phone (using Wireless Sync) it shows up in the "Sent Items" folder on my computer.. So if i ever need to go back to an email i sent - i can..

But with 4smartphone, i wouldnt be able to do that.. If im sending an email from the treo, my server has no idea since we would be using their server.. That may not sound like a big deal - but it actually could be for us..
    Any thoughts on that?
    When I send an email from my phone using 4smartphone.net exchange, that emails shows up in my sent folder on my server and on my desktop sent folder. Is that what you want it to do?

I have also fixed the registration on my site.
    When I send an email from my phone using 4smartphone.net exchange, that emails shows up in my sent folder on my server and on my desktop sent folder. Is that what you want it to do?
    Yes!! That's exactly what i want it to do.. But the 4smartphone rep said it wouldnt.. Because our server has no idea im sending an email from the device (since i would then be using 4smartphone server), it wouldnt show up in my "sent items".
    Well I just tested it myself with their server and it is working. I should basically be syncing all the folders, inbox, outbox, sent, deleted items, etc. So if I sent it from my treo, it would be in that Sent folder. Then when it syncs, it should put that email in the sent folder wherever I am syncing to.

I am no exchange expert but I did test and it works.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo700.us Luke
    Check out IM+. I have it running all the time with aol, icq, yahoo, and msn.
    Just paid for IM+not nearly as good as the SideKick II integration but it works.

but its still better than the other two that I tried, AGile Messenger (crashes my treo often) and VErichat (slow as crap and not well programmed in terms of features)

I do notice that when I have IM+ on all the time it drains my battery faster.
    If we use this can we get rid of the syncing software from Verizon?
    I didn't notice any battery drain with IM+.

As for getting rid of Active Sync, I'm not sure if you can use the exchange syncing without it or not. Someone else would have to answer that. I have many problems with ActiveSync prior to using the Exchange Server and everything is working fine now. The only think my ActiveSync syncs when I connect my 700 are my favorites and notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112
    But with 4smartphone, i wouldnt be able to do that.. If im sending an email from the treo, my server has no idea since we would be using their server.. That may not sound like a big deal - but it actually could be for us..
    Any thoughts on that?
    Well you can and you can't. Your outlook in the office WILL NOT see your sent mail on your smartphone.net exchange account. But you will have records in your smartphone.net exchange account.

If they allow RPC/HTTP to connect your Outlook to the exchange server then you can just copy the sent items from one account to the other within outlook. It might be a little tricky to get it setup correctly, and you might even have to export to a pst from one acccount then import into the other.

But it sounds like you have the foundation to upgrade your exchange in house. And if you afford Goldmine, then why not just upgrade your server. With 6 users SBS 2003 sounds perfect. Licensing will be under $2000 for 10 users, and a decent company should be able to upgrade you over a weekend.
    If you are already running exchange in the office, you could also see about upgrading to Exchange 2003 and then, with DirectPush, you will get everything you want:

email pushed to your device

sent mail put back into your sent items, just as if you had sent it from your desktop.

Steve