1.    #1  
    ok i jus got my laptop and i was really fusrtated that i couldnt use the internet because the password for the router seems to be lost and no one seems to kno it, so i used my treo to DL active sync and the PDAnet software onto my SD card, then i popped it in my laptop then installed it, so for the past 3 days ive been using it, i jus checked my usage on vzw.com and i have used 425 mb since gettin it....ya think ill get a call from verizon tellin me to ease up or what the hell am i doing
    Got Treo?
    I've only seen reports from a few people that had verizon cut them off. I think they were all using over 4gb of data in a month. However now with VCAST streaming video I don't know how they can distiguish heavy tethering usage versus heavy video streaming. I wouldn't worry about it. I've been using a few gigs a month for 5 months now and haven't heard peep from verizon.
    Just keep an eye on your plan... a few months ago, Cingular had changed my unlimited plan to a per usage plan by mistake. I, too, use my PDANet for lots of work related stuff... to the point where my next month's bill was over 6k!!!

Luckily, Cing recognized the mistake was theirs and credited it back to me, but it was a bit of a heart stopper.

On the other hand, I agree that PDANet is a lifesaver. As a consultant, I use it at client sites, when I don't have connectivity available to me, hotels that don't provide free net access, and airports without free WiFi. It's a great program and well worth the price.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    I've used it a lot with no problems as well. I never look at my usage but last month we had some connection problems a few times at the office and I connected through PDAnet. I was uploading/downloading all kinds of stuff via FTP so I'm sure I used a lot of bandwidth.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
  5.    #5  
    ok good ive been using it as my main source of internet and when u have a good EVDO connection it is really quick but everyone in a while it will lose it and go to the RTX1 and it sooooo slow but all in all i love it im on the 7 day trial but i will def be droppin the 30 bucks to buy it its well worth it
    Got Treo?
    I am using an older version of PdaNet and EVERY morning after an 'auto' Sprite Backup I click on the PdaNet icon to 'hide' the icon and free up space on the bottom of the screen. It's kind of a nuisance. Does the new version have an option to never display the icon?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau
    I am using an older version of PdaNet and EVERY morning after an 'auto' Sprite Backup I click on the PdaNet icon to 'hide' the icon and free up space on the bottom of the screen. It's kind of a nuisance. Does the new version have an option to never display the icon?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Yes,
    I never see the icon because I've removed PDANet from the Startup. I only bring it up when I need it which is not everyday.
    I just checked and I saw the incon. When I clicked it, there was an option to Hide the Icon.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by remilk
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TomBoisseau

Thanks,
    Tom

Yes,
    remilk,

You say yes! Where in the program will I find that option?

Thanks,
    Tom
    Tap the icon, select Settings, then Uncheck Show PdaNet icon.
    How do you remove this from the startup?
    Use File Explorer (or the equivalent), navigate to \Windows\Startup and delete the shortcut. Make sure you have a shortcut to it somewhere in your Programs folder.
  14.    #14  
    latly when i use pdanet my phone has been freezing and i disconnect from pdanet? has anyoneelse had this problem? did i do something wrong and not kno any help would be great
    Got Treo?