Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anybody come up with any good ring tones for the 700w that they would like to share with us?

Thanks

George
    More like what you looking for?? I have about 50 in use.
  3.    #3  
    good question, I hate the ones that came with the 700 looking for something out of the norm.
    Okay can the 700w play AAC or MP3 ringtones natively (no 3rd party software)? Everyone on the 700p thread is going bonkers over the fact that the 700p will play AAC ringtones out of the box. Apparently, it's only the Sprint version of the phone though. Maybe the Sprint 700w will be able to once it's out. Any info on this?
    Don't know abou AAC, but it can definitely play .mp3 files from the box. Just put them in \windows\rings and select either individually by contact or overall by settings-sounds
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    cool. I never tried. Thanks!
    If people want a tutorial on how to create and use mp3 ringtones on the w post here. I don't want to write one for just one person...
  8. SHV
    Silly question perhaps, but is there a ring tone site that can be trusted to be virus free?

I am looking for a Phantom of the Opera ring tone (Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor)

thanks.
    How to create your own MP3 Ringtones for the Treo 700w:

1) Download a audio recording/editing software. I use Audacity because it is FREE and easy to use. Download it here http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

2) Import your own mp3 (I haven't had any luck getting it to work with DRM files) or use Audacity to record streaming music from your online radio stations or where ever. I recently found radioblogclub.com where you can search for just about any song or music file and stream it. You then use Audacity to record it.

3) After you have your file recorded. Use the tools in Audacity to clean it up. Take the part of the song that you want (or several small parts) to create a 23-30 second clip.

4) Navigate to this url http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help...&item=lame-mp3 and download the LAME plug-in. This allows you to export your recorded song into mp3 format. Follow the instructions on installing it. I believe that the first time you select export to mp3 in Audacity it will ask for the location of the LAME file. Then all you have to do it point to it.

5) You know have your mp3 clip that you want to use for your ringtone. Upload the file to your Treo 700w (I use my SD Card to store things of this nature).

6) On the Treo, Navigate to: Start > Settings > PERSONAL TAB > Sounds & Notifications

7) Under the MANAGE tab, select Menu > Add...

8) Use the file explorer that pops up to navigate to the files location. After you have highlighted it, press Select.

9) Last step! Go to the Notifications tab and select the Known Caller, Unknown Caller, ETC. and select your new tune from the drop down menu.

If you have any questions, post it here.
    I use a program called WavePad (http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/masters.html) to edit my mp3 down to 30 seconds or so to use as ringtones. The version of WavePad I have is free to use as well.

Very easy to use.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    Okay can the 700w play AAC or MP3 ringtones natively (no 3rd party software)?

I've been at this all week. Yes, it can play mp3s, but not as ringtones. at least not the ones i've made, and I took the bitrate down to 64k. I know it plays wma files as ringtones fine so that's what imma start encoding them as.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    I use a program called WavePad (http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/masters.html) to edit my mp3 down to 30 seconds or so to use as ringtones. The version of WavePad I have is free to use as well.

Very easy to use.
    I also use Wavepad to create .mp3 files and they definitely work as ring tones for me.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    does anyone know how to increase the volume os a mp3 tone? I want it as loud as the treo one when it is full up
    melissa
    Wavepad has the functionality to increase volume as much as you want.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Blario
    I've been at this all week. Yes, it can play mp3s, but not as ringtones. at least not the ones i've made, and I took the bitrate down to 64k. I know it plays wma files as ringtones fine so that's what imma start encoding them as.
    It DOES play mp3's as ringtones. After you sync them to the device follow my steps for adding them to the drop down menu. I use mp3's for ringtones, so don't tell me that they don't work.
    They work fine as instructed but please note they only work for ringtones not notification sounds
    Does anyone know how to have individual ringtones for different contacts?
  18. SHV
    anybody know where to get virus free ringtones? Since they have to be first loaded onto a PC and then synched, I hesitate to hit websites shown via Google at random.

thanks.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I make my own ring tones using audigy and not only is it really easy, its super cool. I literally have over 30 different mp3 clips that I rock on my W. Makes me feel like a rebel too because Verizon wants to charge you by the month for their crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwl40
    Does anyone know how to have individual ringtones for different contacts?
    Yes, follow the instructions to add it to the dropdown above.

Then go to programs, pocket outlook, contacts, select the contact, select menu (right softkey) edit and right below email there is a ringtone field. highlight and press the center D pad, scroll and select.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast