Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you want ringtones from stuff like video games then check out vgmusic.com. They have midi files from thousands of games. You can import them by following steps 5-9 posted by wjones. Up above.
    Does anyone have a short ring tone for when email is received? I would like to find an unobtrusive short ring to let me know when emails come in.

thanks...
    Here is a great one for you Arrested Development Fans...

http://willandjo.net/music/CokaCaw(W...Jo.net)MP3.mp3
    Quote Originally Posted by wjones
    How to create your own MP3 Ringtones for the Treo 700w:

1) Download a audio recording/editing software. I use Audacity because it is FREE and easy to use. Download it here http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

2) Import your own mp3 (I haven't had any luck getting it to work with DRM files) or use Audacity to record streaming music from your online radio stations or where ever. I recently found radioblogclub.com where you can search for just about any song or music file and stream it. You then use Audacity to record it.

3) After you have your file recorded. Use the tools in Audacity to clean it up. Take the part of the song that you want (or several small parts) to create a 23-30 second clip.

4) Navigate to this url http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help...&item=lame-mp3 and download the LAME plug-in. This allows you to export your recorded song into mp3 format. Follow the instructions on installing it. I believe that the first time you select export to mp3 in Audacity it will ask for the location of the LAME file. Then all you have to do it point to it.

5) You know have your mp3 clip that you want to use for your ringtone. Upload the file to your Treo 700w (I use my SD Card to store things of this nature).

6) On the Treo, Navigate to: Start > Settings > PERSONAL TAB > Sounds & Notifications

7) Under the MANAGE tab, select Menu > Add...

8) Use the file explorer that pops up to navigate to the files location. After you have highlighted it, press Select.

9) Last step! Go to the Notifications tab and select the Known Caller, Unknown Caller, ETC. and select your new tune from the drop down menu.

If you have any questions, post it here.
    when I add songs to my phone by this process that are originally on my memory card, they save to the main memory once u add them. I think this because my memory keeps saying critically low but I look at my memory card and its 2Gb and nowhere near full
    Quote Originally Posted by gene
    Does anyone have a short ring tone for when email is received? I would like to find an unobtrusive short ring to let me know when emails come in.

thanks...
    As a 2001 fan, my favorite is Hal's "There is a message for you."

http://www.jahozafat.com/php/sounds/...le=message.mp3

Neil
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    WJones...I followed your instructions per your post for adding MP3 ringtones, but it still won't play as a ringtone. The MP3 file is in the correct location. Could Ringo cause a conflct or allow the mp3 not to play?

This is my first post, so take it easy on me....
    Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post

thanks...
    The default outlook notification.

Not too original but I like it!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post

thanks...
    Or Tmobile jingle. - This one is actually tough to find in wav format...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsup1o View Post
    Best ringtone of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Best ringtone of all time.
    lol, yeah, that's my only ringtone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjones View Post
    7) Under the MANAGE tab, select Menu > Add...
    Wonderful. Just great. No Verizon rep would admit (or knew) that this "add" option for MP3's even existed. This changes everything. I was using large WAV files for ringers -- nice and sharp but expensive in storage cost. Thanks!
    -- JMS --
    Thanks for the link to the 24 ringtone, that is schweeet!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12