View Poll Results: If Sprint charged as much as VZ does for data and it didn't cost you to change

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would stay with Sprint

5 13.51%
  • I would become a new Verizon customer

32 86.49%
  1.    #1  
    betcha can't!
    I was with Sprint for 8 years. Switched to Verizon for the 700w. Reasons I hate Verizon far more than I ever hated Sprint:

- Voicemail requires you to login with a password when accessing it from your own cell phone. Sprint didn't require this.
    - G*ddam annoying BEEP others hear when they call me and I'm on the other line. No, not my call waiting beep, the beep other people here when they call me, in between rings. Verizon claims they can't turn this off for my phone number! Sprint never had this crap.
    - Insanely high data charges. Are they crazy? How do they compete?
    - Crippling of BT DUN. Sprint enabled this on the 650.
    - Verizon Wireless Sync is CRAP. Sprint Biz Connect was far better.
    - Sprint had "PCS to PCS" unlimited calling, at least on my old plan. VZN doesn't seem to offer anything like this?
    - Sprint had a plan with unlimited text messaging. VZN doesn't seem to offer that?
    - Sprint TV thingy was kinda of nice
    - Coverage for Sprint here in the SF Bay Area I found to be FAR better than VZN thus far despite all the things I hear about VZN coverage being so good in general. It has been poor thus far for me.

I'm sure I could come up with more if I spent more time on this..
    Quote Originally Posted by adamt
    I was with Sprint for 8 years. Switched to Verizon for the 700w. Reasons I hate Verizon far more than I ever hated Sprint:

- Voicemail requires you to login with a password when accessing it from your own cell phone. Sprint didn't require this.
    - G*ddam annoying BEEP others hear when they call me and I'm on the other line. No, not my call waiting beep, the beep other people here when they call me, in between rings. Verizon claims they can't turn this off for my phone number! Sprint never had this crap.
    - Insanely high data charges. Are they crazy? How do they compete?
    - Crippling of BT DUN. Sprint enabled this on the 650.
    - Verizon Wireless Sync is CRAP. Sprint Biz Connect was far better.
    - Sprint had "PCS to PCS" unlimited calling, at least on my old plan. VZN doesn't seem to offer anything like this?
    - Sprint had a plan with unlimited text messaging. VZN doesn't seem to offer that?
    - Sprint TV thingy was kinda of nice
    - Coverage for Sprint here in the SF Bay Area I found to be FAR better than VZN thus far despite all the things I hear about VZN coverage being so good in general. It has been poor thus far for me.

I'm sure I could come up with more if I spent more time on this..
    My plan has unlimited "in" calling, which is same as PCS to PCS. In fact, I actually thought all plans had this feature with Verizon.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    I've always had unlimited 'in' calling to any verizon customer anywhere in the country.

As far as Sprint... others in our office have had WAAAAAYYYY too much problems with their Sprint bills, both for cell and land lines. Sprint always seem to mess something up and overcharge and take weeks/months to get it credited back.
  5.    #5  
    wow....18:1........not a large sample but an interesting observation nonetheless.

at the end of the day most all Sprint has over Verizon is their lesser charges for data. i was a sprint customer at one point and all i experienced at that time (1-2yrs ago) was poor reception and absolute morons for technical support. the only thing that drove me to them? lower data charges. it didn't take me long to abandon ship at that time, fortunately i could afford Verizon's higher rates.

what this poll is meant to suggest is that most everyone that is with sprint does so for reasons of affordability. i will say this: if sprint's coverage is that much improved and actually better than VZ's (along with their tech/cs reps) then i too could understand why one would choose sprint over verizon. it would take a lot to rid my memory of my horrendous experience with sprint.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Yeah, Verizon service is godly. I'm in the legendary DC metro area, and there's nothing touching it. Only reason I even considered sprint was because you can roam on verizon towers for free! Also, cause of their EV-DO cost, which once people catch on to it, hopefully it'll pressure verizon to lower theirs. Right now I'm only paying for the vzw evdo through an employee discount, otherwise I dont think I'd be able to do it.

and yeah, vzw IN calling is awesome. It's standard with any plan >=$39.99, and with all the folks i know on vzw, its a wrap. I love vzw customer service too. I once called them like 10 times in one day trying to decide if I wanted a treo, could get employee discount, and changing the liability of my account. They could see how many times I had called and still answered with a smile everytime.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamt
    Funny this is one thing i really like about calling people with Verizon and my friends and work people like about calling me. They know that I'm on the phone. I know that who I'm calling is on the phone. Sometimes if i get that beep I just hang up. If i dont hear the beep i leave a VM. Cuz with caller ID they can see who called them while they were on the phone and call me back.

Also as much as i travel i think Verizon has better overall coverage. This just may be me, but from my exp no one's coverage seems to be as good overall. Not just in an area here and there.
    I'm on Sprint and get free roaming on Verizon's networks.
    the work around for that annoying "beep" when people call- go to verizonwireless.com and search for "ringback tones" for about 2 bucks...people who call you will hear the song of your choice instead of a ring with no stupid beep....it was well worth it for me
  10.    #10  
    next time i'll leave it open for a longer period of time.
    Something interesting, with the amount of people I know who use Verizon, I can use the $20 cheaper plan because I do not use nearly as many plan minutes because of in calling. If I had sprint, it would not be much cheaper because I would have to up my MOU plan.
  12.    #12  
    ^Correct, VZWuser, that is one of the reasons for me being a VZ customer. i would say that most of my individual/individual (non-biz) calls that i make are to other verizon customers so it really makes $ sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    the work around for that annoying "beep" when people call- go to verizonwireless.com and search for "ringback tones" for about 2 bucks...people who call you will hear the song of your choice instead of a ring with no stupid beep....it was well worth it for me

To get rid of the annoying beep you can simple call verizon customer service and ask them to remove the feature. I did it about two months ago and it is great. I was going to go the route mentioned above and got to talking to the customer service rep about my reasoning for using ringback tones (to get rid of the beep) and she enlightened me. She said that a lot of male customers hate the feature because there girlfriend always knows ahen they are on the phone. ...I laughed and said please remove......