Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    It seems to me that no matter which phone you have, either the 700w or the 700p you are going to have just as many problems. I am so glad I stayed with the 700w.
    Good post
    not true. The 700w is just trash!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    It seems to me that no matter which phone you have, either the 700w or the 700p you are going to have just as many problems. I am so glad I stayed with the 700w.
    Can you elaborate please by making a list of known problems for each device?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well if you look in the 700p section you can see all the problems.
    That's not enough. If you're gonna make a thread about it, at least list the known problems for each device.
    I have the 700p. No problems yet, except that the new button layout (same as the 700w) kinda sucks. Luckily, it's PalmOS so somebody released a $5 program within days (LudusP) that fixes the only issues I found.
    700p. One week today of use. Exactly one reset. Every 650 program except ZLauncher now on my 700. No problems. Anyone else care to compare?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    not true. The 700w is just trash!!
    ^ LMAO... that was so funny
    Yikes! "Trash' That is one hell of a way to describe a cell phone.

I read posts and I am like, Gotta get me a 700w, then I read more an think, maybe I go back to my old LG.....

Can anyone tell me if the 700w is louder than the 600?? Man, I miss a lot of calls.....
    Craig M.
    Former Treo600 User
    No Longer Using a Treo, but Checking the Forums for Updates and such!
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Is this a serious thread? I have a two week old 700w that was just retired for a 700p. I've ran the 700p with no problems what-so-ever.
    Verizon 600, 700w, 700p -> Sprint Centro
    The 700P really is an incredible phone and it just works.

It's when we all try and cram all of these apps down its throat- some that haven't even been tested with this phone- is where we run in to problems.

But that where the fun is!
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Waste of thread space...
    at&t iPhone3G
    I actually had an opportunity to use my friend's 650 last week and was blown away at how much better the device is than the 700w that I have. So much more user friendly and when I asked my friend how many times a week he had to reset his phone he gave me a weird look and said "never."

While I enjoy having the 700w vs. no PDA before, I think the device is poorly constructed and ill-equipped to be used in more than a casual manner. It's a classic trap...give users more flexibility to do things and add 3rd party software on it but when you do, the thing becomes useless. The 650 seems to be much, much better for more casual users such as myself.

I just about threw my phone on the ground last night when three times, I tried to call someone from my contact list (i.e. Go to contacts, select a person, and hit "call") and the POS simply would not do it. No reaction, even after two soft resets.

And all I have installed on it is Resco Explorer and Memaid.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    POS = PalmOS