1.    #1  
    2 issues:
    Did a remote wipe on my Treo through Exchange Active Sync Admin. Before that I had a Camera icon on my start menu that I could use to activate the camera feature. It is now gone and I cannot figure out how to get it back onto the start menu. It is not available as a choice in Settings/Menus. The only way to acces it now is to go to Start/Programs /Pictures and Videos.

When the camera is activated it takes at least 45 seconds before the camera responds to button input to take a picture. Is this normal. It has been this way since day one on my phone. It's a PITA.

Thanks
    Make a shortcut of the camera proggie in the windows folder or copy the shortcut in the programs folder and place it in the start menu...

Make sure your not holding the button down when trying to take a pic. You just press and release, the release is when the photo is taken.. Drove me nutz until I figured it out.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moncha
    Make a shortcut of the camera proggie in the windows folder or copy the shortcut in the programs folder and place it in the start menu...

Make sure your not holding the button down when trying to take a pic. You just press and release, the release is when the photo is taken.. Drove me nutz until I figured it out.
    The camera executable doesn't appear to be copyable. I should say, I can copy it in File Explorer but there isn't a Paste command available. If I browse the device through the my workstation, the executable doesn't show up. Very odd.

Nice call on the camera button Moncha. That's exactly what I was doing. Thank you.
    Glad that fixed ya.. Kinda stupid for a shutter button.

There's a shortcut in the Windows/Start Menu/Programs folder called "Pictures & Video" you can copy that one into the Start Menu folder or you can copy the camera executable from the Windows folder. The first, you would just paste the copy into the Start Menu. The second, you browes to the place you want to place the shortcut, press menu -> edit-> Paste Shortcut
    I use a hardware button to start the camera application because it is the fastest way to do it, even in challenging lighting conditions when it is hard to see the screen (sun, glare, dark, etc.). Lets me get the picture as fast as possible.

Start > Settings > Personal tab > Buttons. I chose to change the Option+Send button from Internet Explorer to Camera.

Figure if I'm going to use IE, I'll do a lot of tapping on the screen, so I might as well start it that way too.
  6.    #6  
    OK. I'm missing something.
    I already have the Pictures and Videos on my Start menu. I've copyed and pasted the camera executable into the Start Menu directory under Windows but it does not show up on the Start menu. I went into Settings/Menus and the option is not there to check but I would think since it is physically sitting in the directory where all the other Start menu items are it would show.

I looked at the hardware button option but "Camera" is not listed as an available application to assign.

I'm banging my head and it's starting to hurt.
    you have to put it under /start menu/programs/
    to put it in your start menu you have to go to the Settings folder in your start menu, click on Menus, and put a check next to Camera
  9.    #9  
    OK. I've got it in \\windows\start menu and \\windows\start menu\programs and it does not show up on my Start menu. It also is not listed in the choices in Settings, Menus.
    I hate to give up.
    To get it to show in your start menu, you have to go to settings/menus then slelect witch of the seven shortcuts you want to have show up onthe start menu.. 7 is the limit.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moncha
    To get it to show in your start menu, you have to go to settings/menus then slelect witch of the seven shortcuts you want to have show up onthe start menu.. 7 is the limit.
    That's the thing. The Camera is not shown as a choice within Settings/Menu.
    I have only 5 shortcuts on my Start menu.
    OK guys - now this is really driving me nuts. I, too, am a long-time quite knowledgeable 700w user and had to, after over a year, do a hard reset. I also had the camera icon in my start menu. I'm trying to get it there again, but can't for the life of me find any of the shortcuts or executables that are mentioned here. I have no program named "camera" in my Windows folder and no Camera shortcut on the programs menu. The camera does work from Pictures & Videos. Where exactly is this program and what exactly is the name? I feel really dumb about this one but I can't afford to pull out any more hair!
    Thanks,
    Russ
    Last edited by russmd; 03/02/2007 at 10:22 PM.