1.    #1  
    So I don't know what it is. I have IM+ and Agile messegner. I can get niether to connect to AIM. All other services work fine but I always get a wrong username/password message when trying to connect to AIM using either app. I've tried searching for different servers and fixes. Does anyone have succesful connectivity with AIM and if so, what settings are you using? I'm baffled!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Calhoun
    So I don't know what it is. I have IM+ and Agile messegner. I can get niether to connect to AIM. All other services work fine but I always get a wrong username/password message when trying to connect to AIM using either app. I've tried searching for different servers and fixes. Does anyone have succesful connectivity with AIM and if so, what settings are you using? I'm baffled!!
    im assuming you have 700w? i use agile on wm5(Cingular 8125) with no problems connecting to AIM, overall Agile is the best Messenger ive used on WM5, Verichat is available on WM5 too now. might wana try that one.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I use the 700w. When you setup the app on your phone, you just used the default server, code page, etc. and it worked OK?

At first I thought it was because I have a space in my AOL screenname, but I tried it with my wifes screenname (which doesn't have a space) and it still says bad username/password. I'd consider Verichat but paying yearly is a bit of a turnoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Calhoun
    Yes, I use the 700w. When you setup the app on your phone, you just used the default server, code page, etc. and it worked OK?

At first I thought it was because I have a space in my AOL screenname, but I tried it with my wifes screenname (which doesn't have a space) and it still says bad username/password. I'd consider Verichat but paying yearly is a bit of a turnoff.
    well the 8125 is nothing like the 700w, and cing is not verizon. but on my 8125, i had to disable a setting that said "this device uses a proxy to connect to the internet" under connections settings.

i used verichat for a long time on my 650, and ive used it on wm5, its worth the money.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  5.    #5  
    Wow, this is crazy. I downloaded VeriChat to go ahead and give it a shot and I still run into authentication errors. I just don't get it!! I think I'm done for the day...
    Have you tried contacting IM+ support? They have always been very quick to respond to me. My accounts worked just fine with the default settings. My usernames don't have any spaces though.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo700.us Luke
    Have you tried contacting IM+ support? They have always been very quick to respond to me. My accounts worked just fine with the default settings. My usernames don't have any spaces though.
    I haven't contacted IM+s support yet but did reach out for AgileMessenger. They suggested I log on to AIM on my desktop/laptop and change my password there and then retry. Thing is, I did that years ago so that my AIM and AOL passwords were the same.

I'm not sure how much the space in the name plays into the issue. I tried to set it up with a test username that I've never used on AIM, has no spaces, and have only used the account on AOL itself and it still gives me a headache. But I'm going to try the changing the password bit in a few minutes and see if that helps.
    Good luck. If not I'd really give IM+ support a shot.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.