Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My biggest problem with the 700w is the phone quality. First and foremost, the device has to function well as a phone, and so far, the 700w does not. I have had complaints from clients, family, and friends about the quality of my phone calls. It's quite embarrassing, especially coming from my clients.

So, if anyone is interested, I'm selling my 700w (including all pieces that came with phone, minus original box) + my Jabra BT150 Bluetooth headset.

It's going up on Ebay this evening, so if you want it, reply to this post prior to 6pm et. $450.00 usd - PayPal only.
    My Rocketship - 2007 Mazdaspeed3
    263hp 280fpt 0-60 5.8sec
    Hmm, I never had anyone complain about phone call quality. What is it they would say about it?
    Have you tried the Q? How do you know it will be any better? Report back once you get it and let us know.
    I've never had a problem with call quality either. Sounds like you got a bad device and should swap it out before selling it.
  4.    #4  
    The main complaint is a severe echo. It happens on the speakerphone as well. I never realized it until I called a co-worker with the same phone. It was pretty bad.

I haven't tried the Q, but from every review I've read (and I've read them all), the phone quality is great. The big difference is probably the fact that the 700w is a PDA that has phone functionality, whereas the Q is the opposite.

How do I know it will be better? I don't know for sure until I get a chance to try it. I'll put it up on Ebay tonight, and by the time it sells next week, the Q will be in stores and I can give it a try.

I will be sure to report back my findings.
    263hp 280fpt 0-60 5.8sec
    Quote Originally Posted by Insurance Guy
    The main complaint is a severe echo. It happens on the speakerphone as well. I never realized it until I called a co-worker with the same phone. It was pretty bad.

I haven't tried the Q, but from every review I've read (and I've read them all), the phone quality is great. The big difference is probably the fact that the 700w is a PDA that has phone functionality, whereas the Q is the opposite.

How do I know it will be better? I don't know for sure until I get a chance to try it. I'll put it up on Ebay tonight, and by the time it sells next week, the Q will be in stores and I can give it a try.

I will be sure to report back my findings.
    You're in the one-year warranty on the w. Perhaps you should get a replacement before switching entirely.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  6.    #6  
    Phone quality is the primary complaint, but not the only one. There are many other things about the device that but me - soft resets at least once a day, failure for phone to pick up incoming call, no DUN, no BT stereo support etc.

I've basically asked myself this: Do I want to get a replacement and hope that a) the issues do not continue, and b) the deficiencies will be corrected? Or do I start over?
    263hp 280fpt 0-60 5.8sec
    If you have a defective phone, would it be ethical to sell it without stating all of the problems you are having on ebay?

I guess this is why I hesitate purchasing used electronics on ebay.

We have DUN (via PdaNet) but there is no BT stereo headset support. Otherwise the other problems seem like more symptoms of a defective phone.
    The lack of A2DP on the 700w is what's bugging me the most right now, but for what I want to use it for the product just isn't available yet so I am waiting for A2DP support from a 3rd party developer and hoping the product will be out there around the same time.
    For the curious, I want an A2DP car kit that works with existing car stereos.
    no camera on moto q though. this seems strange as every other cell phone has a camera...
    Wouldn't it be funny if you sold your 700w and the Q turns out to be a turd also.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    The lack of A2DP on the 700w is what's bugging me the most right now, but for what I want to use it for the product just isn't available yet so I am waiting for A2DP support from a 3rd party developer and hoping the product will be out there around the same time.
    For the curious, I want an A2DP car kit that works with existing car stereos.

Sounds like a few of us won't be happy until this thing does everything including wiping your @ss.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer
    Wouldn't it be funny if you sold your 700w and the Q turns out to be a turd also.
    Funny? No. Ironic? Painfully.
    263hp 280fpt 0-60 5.8sec
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    If you have a defective phone, would it be ethical to sell it without stating all of the problems you are having on ebay?

I guess this is why I hesitate purchasing used electronics on ebay.

We have DUN (via PdaNet) but there is no BT stereo headset support. Otherwise the other problems seem like more symptoms of a defective phone.
    No matter what I sell on Ebay, I am upfront and honest. That is why my feedback rating is 100% and will remain that way. I'll do a hard reset before I ship and advise the purchaser of the issues that I have experienced.

I am aware of the DUN via PDANet, but going with the ethical theme, do I risk Verizon taking action for violating some ridiculous restriction they've placed on the device?
    263hp 280fpt 0-60 5.8sec
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    no camera on moto q though. this seems strange as every other cell phone has a camera...
    It has a 1.3mp, same as the 700w.
    263hp 280fpt 0-60 5.8sec
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    No camera? Verizon says it does...

http://estore.vzwshop.com/q/
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I've replied at least twice I think to the guy who keeps saying it has no camera...but he keep posting?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer
    Sounds like a few of us won't be happy until this thing does everything including wiping your @ss.
    hehe. The thing is damn impressive as is. Give me more memory and a2dp and I'll be happy for at least a few months.

The Q looked interesting at first until I saw it is using the WM5 smartphone version and no touchpad. Plus the mini SD card is a limitation imo.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    hehe. The thing is damn impressive as is. Give me more memory and a2dp and I'll be happy for at least a few months.

The Q looked interesting at first until I saw it is using the WM5 smartphone version and no touchpad. Plus the mini SD card is a limitation imo.
    More memory and A2DP is exactly what the Q gives me. As for the lack of touchscreen, it will take some getting used to, but not a deal breaker.

The WM5 Smartphone and Mini SD are not issues for me...
    263hp 280fpt 0-60 5.8sec
    the lack of a touchscreen is to me, typical of Moto...too little too late. Are we going backward here?
    (and we wonder why it's small??? LOL)
    Holy crap I eat my words! I don't know why I didn't think it had a camera. Is this ever coming to sprint? THIS is a cutting edge phone. Notice how Palm is way behind the curve? Moto is the one doing the innovating!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast