Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Personally, the Q's lack of touchscreen, mini-SD, and Smartphone Mobile OS were big turnoffs for me. It is a pretty phone though.
    the Moto does offer mini-SD.
    I think Beryl probably means mini-SD as opposed to its having regular SD, like the 700w. Means treo owner's can't use their current cards.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Levinda is right -- that is what I meant. It lacks touchscreen but it has a mini-SD and has Smartphone Mobile OS which doesn't support some of the software I use.

I really like what I see with the Q though.
  4.    #44  
    Okay - update.

I am holding off on making the change. Per the suggestions of some of the pundits here, I am going to go through the troubleshooting process with Verizon regarding the call quality issues I have.

I contacted them over the weekend, and they performed a reprogramming of my phone, followed by a hard reset. They stated that if the echoing I am experiencing continues, call them and I will receive a replacement.

Now, if the replacement has the same issues, then I am going to make the switch. If not, then I will stick with the 700w.
    My Rocketship - 2007 Mazdaspeed3
    263hp 280fpt 0-60 5.8sec
    Well there seem to be a few Q owners here on the boards giving up their Q'd and going the other way, so maybe you can trade
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Well here is a tidbit about the 700 v. Q. The reception is better on the w inspite of moto claiming the Q has great reception. I compared my Q to my wife's 700w and it averaged about 6db's lower than the Q. Lower is better! The Q stayed close while the signal was strong(within 3 or 4 db), but as signal worsened so did the Q. At one point the 700 was hovering at 93..the Q was above 100.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdd543
    Well here is a tidbit about the 700 v. Q. The reception is better on the w inspite of moto claiming the Q has great reception. I compared my Q to my wife's 700w and it averaged about 6db's lower than the Q. Lower is better! The Q stayed close while the signal was strong(within 3 or 4 db), but as signal worsened so did the Q. At one point the 700 was hovering at 93..the Q was above 100.
    Wow. I have no idea what this means, but it sounds like you did a lot of work. I hope you work for Verizon.
    My Rocketship - 2007 Mazdaspeed3
    263hp 280fpt 0-60 5.8sec
    What did you use to measure the signal?
    I find that reception is different than the ability to transmit.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    What did you use to measure the signal?
    ##* send. The call stauts screen.
    ##* send. The call stauts screen.
    hmm, all I get is a busy signal why I try that
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    hmm, all I get is a busy signal why I try that
    that was for q..the 700w is #*#33284.
    That's pretty cool. thx
    Out of curiosity, where did you come across the code for that and what other interesting codes are there? (I really hope you didn't start at 1 and use trial and error.)
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I had the Q for two weeks.

I really wanted to replace my Treo with something smaller. I was completely disappointed with the Q. The call reception was better, and the camera is way better, but that's all. WM SM is painfully slow to navigate with scroll wheels. Good idea, bad bad BAD execution. The phone, although thinner in your pocket, feels more bulky and clumsy in your hand due to the sharp edges on the design and the width. SMS messenging on the Q is horrible. If you want to send a text to multiple contacts, you have to launch your contacts, search for one of them, select it which pops you back to the main message screen, and repeat for each person. It won't do a search from the message screen like the Treo.

I wanted to love the Q, and put the Treo away forever. After two weeks, I couldn't wait to switch back to my Treo.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123