1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I have anxiously waited to switch over to a Treo for the past few months. I checked out the 700W at the Verizon store and I was amazed by it. With that said, I am planning to purchase a Treo, however, does anyone know roughly when the 700W will come out for Sprint? Should I go ahead and wait for it, get the 700P, or wait for the "next" Treo?

I am just looking to make the best decision, since buying these phones are expensive.

Thanks
    the 700w should be out sometime after July 1st
    We are all hoping and waiting for some kind of sign from Sprint
    or someone above..
  3.    #3  
    What I am fearing is that I will spend $400+ on the 700W and Palm will possibly release another WM-based Treo in the coming future. Are there any signs or hints of what Palm will offer in the near future, besides their GSM models?
    I thinks it's pretty safe to say that Palm will not be releasing another WM-based Treo for at least another year.
    Just my opinion, Sprint has not had much success with smartphones until they got the Treo and the PPC-6700. I honestly don't think Sprint will carry the 700w cause it would put up too much of a fight against the PPC-6700...they probably want to streamline resources so they don't have to pay their people to learn more...God forbid!
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  6.    #6  
    I was hoping Sprint would carry a modified 700W, possibly a 750W, for example. I guess that won't happen but I'll keep my hopes up.
    rumer has it ?
    Release date of the Treo 700w.............around labor day.....and rumor has it that it will have a new windows mobile os?...This is straight from palm when they came into our call center
    Check it out ....

http://pcsintel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=243
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I have heard August
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  9.    #9  
    Could this be WM6? WM6 (codenamed "Crossbow") is in beta right now since I remember receiving an invitation from Microsoft to test it some time ago.

According to Microsoft, they are expecting to release it later this year. If Sprint releases it with WM6, I'm all over it no matter the price.
    Microsoft has completely rebuilt Windows CE 6 with a new kernel, and the OS can now support as many as 32,000 simultaneous processes--a huge jump from the previous limit of 32 processes. Each software process can use its own 2GB address space, Microsoft says. These changes--along with the ability for developers to use a Visual Studio 2005 plug-in to target Windows CE 6 applications--will make Windows CE 6 more viable for next-generation devices
    http://www.windowsitpro.com/windowsp...ott_50270.html
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal
    According to Microsoft, they are expecting to release it later this year. If Sprint releases it with WM6, I'm all over it no matter the price.
    That's the OEM release date - actual release of any completed devices slated for the consumer market will be Q1/Q2 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    Just my opinion, Sprint has not had much success with smartphones until they got the Treo and the PPC-6700. I honestly don't think Sprint will carry the 700w cause it would put up too much of a fight against the PPC-6700...they probably want to streamline resources so they don't have to pay their people to learn more...God forbid!
    They had success w/ smartphones when they got the Treo 650.
    IF I have to wait until labor day for the sprint 700w it better have the new windows moble 6
  13.    #13  
    I'm with you on that one, gibby. At this point, if Sprint releases the same exact 700W as Verizon has, I will skip that one and just wait for their future releases. I don't see why Sprint should carry the 700W, considering its over half a year old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    That's the OEM release date - actual release of any completed devices slated for the consumer market will be Q1/Q2 2007.
    That's if M$ releases it on schedule which is never the case. So it's most likely gonna be Q2/Q3 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    That's if M$ releases it on schedule which is never the case. So it's most likely gonna be Q2/Q3 2007.
    The verizon 700W was right on schedule. FWIW Microsoft doesn't release the phone. Palm and Sprint do.
    I was talking about the opsys release.