1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Maybe this is an oversight or really obvious, but I don't get any coverage when I'm outside of typical coverage. I don't have an "Extended Network" available, I'm just completely disconnected if I'm out of service. Is this typical?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Change your network phone settings from Home to Auto B and then you should see the extended network.
    ...and you'll have to switch back to auto B every time you reset your phone or turn the phone radio off/use flight mode because after doing so it will revert to the home setting, unlike every single other phone on the market.

Please contact palm and verizon re this feature/bug/problem so that they get enough complaints to add it to the next patch.
  4.    #4  
    I've opened up auto B, but now I'm concerned: will I know if I'm in roam or not? Do I risk using my broadband connection on my phone's minutes if I'm out of range?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    No, verizon normally uses Automatic B. You will still see the notice of roaming or extended network, etc.

The Palm Treo 700w has a problem in that it switches back to the Home only setting.

According to Verizon tech support all Verizon phones are normally set to and should be on Automatic B. The Treo has a bug or an enterprising mangement type who thought he could save the company a few bucks by keeping the Palm on the home network!

Complain enough and they might acknowledge the problem and fix it. Spread the word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markio
    I've opened up auto B, but now I'm concerned: will I know if I'm in roam or not? Do I risk using my broadband connection on my phone's minutes if I'm out of range?
    In aut b it should work as any other phone would when you are outside your area or a verizon tower's range. It should say "extended network" in place of verizon. As far as I understand data is always charged sep from minutes regardless of where you are in coverage.
    After a new device, I changed mine to auto B and it still doesn't change to the extended network. Any other ideas...