1.    #1  
    On my 700W Today screen is one bar that has Verizon Wireless with the Location Privacy and Bluetooth Icons. I don't have any Bluetooth devices, I don't need to change the 911 settings and I know I am using Verizon. So as far as I am concerned, this is wasted space. I have gone into the Today preference and turned off all of the bars and this bar is still on the screen. So as far as I can tell there isn't an option for turning this bar off. Does anyone know a way to turn this bar off so it is not taking up space on the screen?

Thanks
    In the spirit of teaching you to fish (search) to feed (train) you for a lifetime of forum interactions, do the following:

1. Go to this link.
    2. In Key Words block, enter "today screen verizon" (without the quotes).
    3. In Search in Forums block select "Treo 700W"
    4. Click on "Search Now"
    5. Your answer will be the 5th entry down, titled "Menus and Verizon Logo removal"
    there is a way to remove this bar using sk tools... although.. this bar is more important than u think.. that bar is the search bar for contacts...so if u remove that bar...u can no longer type in letters and expect dif contacts to come up... u will also lose the speed dial feature...
    Quote Originally Posted by mypantsaretorn
    there is a way to remove this bar using sk tools... although.. this bar is more important than u think.. that bar is the search bar for contacts...so if u remove that bar...u can no longer type in letters and expect dif contacts to come up... u will also lose the speed dial feature...
    I think that you are thinking of the wrong bar. You can remove the dial-up bar through Menu-Preferences-Hide Lookup Field. None of the dialing/search features are disabled, just the bar is... hidden.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    I think that you are thinking of the wrong bar. You can remove the dial-up bar through Menu-Preferences-Hide Lookup Field. None of the dialing/search features are disabled, just the bar is... hidden.
    no... i know wut im talking about... if u have sktools u can try it out urself... just make sure u do a back up first cuz it kinds messes up ur shiet..

here are instructions on how to remove the bar using sktools... open sktools, goto today plugins... disble "dial lookup".. and walaa the verizon bar is gone along with the lookup feature..thats the only way i know of to remove the bar...
    Last edited by mypantsaretorn; 05/30/2006 at 12:10 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Kupe,
    Thanks for the fishing lesson. I had tried the normal search and did not get to the thread you indicated. I was not aware of the more advanced search screen and just now found out how to get to that screen. I didn't mind the lesson at at.

As for getting rid of the Verison bar.... I think I am going to have to wait on that one. I am to new with the phone to be doing a ROM hack. VJ may of had the answer, but it was still a bit over my head. And I don't know if mypantsaretorn's response applies to what VJ was doing or not, but I sure don't want to loose my ability to quick dial. I have a lot more basics to learn before I start doing things that will mess up my phone (like how to get a good backup so I can restore if I do do something I shouldn't have).

Thanks all.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypantsaretorn
    no... i know wut im talking about... if u have sktools u can try it out urself... just make sure u do a back up first cuz it kinds messes up ur shiet..

here are instructions on how to remove the bar using sktools... open sktools, goto today plugins... disble "dial lookup".. and walaa the verizon bar is gone along with the lookup feature..thats the only way i know of to remove the bar...

Yes, this works...the Verizon bar is completely gone after this hack, but he is correct in that it renders the Treo useless as a phone. You can't even make any calls. Interesting find though.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    You can switch the bar off by going to the registry and change-
    "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today/Items/Dial Lookup" and change the Enabled key to 0.. Problem is like stated, you loose the phone control pop up.. I think the dll (DialLookupPlugin.dll) will need to be changed to get rid of the bar but leave the functionality of the pop up.. Unless someon knows the combination of values..
    Last edited by Moncha; 06/01/2006 at 02:44 PM.