1.    #1  
    Actually, I don't really know why or how, but my playlist in WMP is randomly and repeatedly being corrupted so that nothing plays.

It first happened last week when I was playing a song and I clicked "Menu" and then clicked "Shuffle/Repeat" and hit Shuffle when Repeat was already selected, it quit the song and all of my songs were "corrupted or the player does not support the format." That shouldn't corrupt ALL my songs, should it? After I synched, they were all back on and playable for a short time. Now, I go to play the files......corrupted. In addition to the known, indiscriminate ways this program/device chooses to crash, I cannot at all figure out why this is happening. I haven't needed to do the last update so that isn't a factor.

Additionally, I cannot for my life figure out how to NOT get the music files I have set to load onto the SD card to NOT randomly load this or that song onto my device memory.

I haven't yet been able to weed out any ontopic posts of this sort so I would be keenly interested in hearing anyone else's (similar) adventures with this issue.
    Last edited by glennj; 05/26/2006 at 07:20 PM.
    I would copy the playlist and then try to recreate the corruption and then compare the good and bad playlist to see what is happening. If you copy the playlists from the Treo to your pc you can view them via notepad.
    why not just use playlisteditor cab, works great for me
  4.    #4  
    I would copy the playlist and then try to recreate the corruption and then compare the good and bad playlist to see what is happening. If you copy the playlists from the Treo to your pc you can view them via notepad.
    The playlist always plays okay after I synch everything back up again and then for some reason, everything on it goes bad. After it does go bad, I can still go to my SD card via File Explorer and play them from there, but not through WMP. I'll try to copy the playlist to my PC and see what I can find out.

why not just use playlisteditor cab, works great for me
    Do you know if this program can address these particular problems? Where can this program be found?

ALSO: Any idea as to why, when I synch, random music files get copied to the device memory?
    Last edited by glennj; 05/28/2006 at 02:38 PM.
    due to these same problems is why i started using the playlisteditor program.....here is the link....just download the cab file to the treo and open it via treo:

http://www.cs.pitt.edu/~jmisurda/pp...playlist_ed.htm
  6.    #6  
    happypappy.....thanks for the link.....but it isn't working- could you repost it again?
    Quote Originally Posted by glennj
    happypappy.....thanks for the link.....but it isn't working- could you repost it again?
    This link just worked for me:

http://www.freewareppc.com/multimedi...steditor.shtml

Neil