1.    #1  
    Hi Folks,
    I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 pushing email to my Treo 700W. Just yesterday, if I delete email from my Treo, within a couple of minutes that same mail gets deleted from my Outlook 2003 client on my desktop. This just started happening yesterday. Before that, anything I deleted from my Treo would stay in my Inbox within my desktop Outlook client. I'm banging my head against the wall trying to stop this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    That sounds like the way it is supposed to work.
    I don't think that you can stop it. The way it is fucntioning now is the way that it should be functioning. You are the minority as far as your situation goes. Most people don't want to delete something from their Treo just to turn around and still see it in their inbox on Outlook.

The Treo and Outlook are just clients that essentially "view" what is on the Exchange Server. If you delete one then the other will delete as well...
    I just setup my exchange server and was wondering the same thing. I think I just won't delete anything off of my phone and let the push manage emails that are on my phone. I'll basically just use it to read and send, not delete.
    Treo700.us is now WinMobee.com. Soon to be a great resource site for all Windows Mobile phones.
  5.    #5  
    Wjones, I think you're right. When you really think it through that's the way it should work but I was concerned becuase my Treo did not do that for a couple of weeks then all of a sudden it started delelting items from my desktop client without any change being made by me.
    Thanks for all the responses.
    also - keep in mind that the items that are gone from your PC are still in your deleted items folder, so they're not TOTALLY gone...
    I added an inbox subfolder and called it "PC". Now when I want to remove an item from my mobile inbox but wish to view it on my PC I transfer it to the PC file instead of deleting it.
    If you don't want extra emails on your treo from the exchange server, then set it to keep only the past couple days on the device. As I said in my previous post, that is the way it is supposed to work. When I get a new email while I am out and on my Treo, I read it and then do whatever (reply, delete, etc). When I return to the office, those emails are downloaded from the server, but are already marked as read.

In theory, you can set your desktop outlook to Cached Exchange Mode, have it pull every email from the server to your outlook into local folders, that way emails aren't on the server. But that defeats the purpose. If your computer crashes, you will lose ALL of you emails. Plus, I don't think that you would recieve any emails on your Treo because they are being pulled down directly to the local pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjones
    In theory, you can set your desktop outlook to Cached Exchange Mode, have it pull every email from the server to your outlook into local folders, that way emails aren't on the server. But that defeats the purpose. If your computer crashes, you will lose ALL of you emails. Plus, I don't think that you would recieve any emails on your Treo because they are being pulled down directly to the local pc.
    Not true. You're talking about downloading your mail like a POP3 account. Cached Exchange Mode does indeed download your mail to the local machine, but it's only a COPY of your mail file. It allows people with laptops to read, compose and send mail without being connected to their network. When you connect, it syncs up the copy of the cached emails with the server. You will NOT lose your email using cached exchange mode if your machine craps out.

You will also continue to get emails on your Treo just fine using CEM. I do it every day.
    me too
    I apologize, I used the wrong term. I was refering to setting the Outlook client to download ALL mail to the local machine. Forget that I ever said Cached Exchange Mode.