1.    #1  
    After 5 months, 2 cases and about 12 drops from said cases, my 700 has bit the dust. keyboard is non functional and, worse, my 1 Gb SD card popped out and disappearred along with about a weeks worth of photos I had not copied to my PC.

I had a leather case from Verizon first and the strap over the top kept popping open resulting in said Treo flying out and on to the ground, usually popping out the battery or the SD card as a result. Switched to a hard plastic holster again from Verizon with a single plastic tab to hold 700 in place. Worked great for 3 months then in the last 2 weeks started failing and dropping Treo. So it is time for a new case to go with the new Treo Verizon is sending me.

I have looked at several on this site, up to the Vaja. Most of the cases do not seem to have a strap over the top and I am a little gunshy about the Treo slipping out thorugh the top of the case plus the SD card can accidently pop out with an exposed top which has happened with the Verizon holster. I have narrowed down to the Seidio Shield 2 Holster, the Prima Cell Phone Case, the Seidio Premium Pouch Case and the MOBO Wallet Organizer Case. I like the MOBO with its ability to hold business cards and maybe a spare SD card. If any of you have experiences with any of these or any suggestions I would sincerely appreciate your input.

Thank you
    Try the Sena LeatherSkin or Sena Combo. The LeatherSkin is a thin leather skin case and the strap closes over the top of the Treo so it doesn't come out.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    I really like my seido II holster. It covers the card and hasn't resulted in a phone ejection yet, unlike the first version which was awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Try the Sena LeatherSkin or Sena Combo. The LeatherSkin is a thin leather skin case and the strap closes over the top of the Treo so it doesn't come out.
    I've used a lateral case for my Treo 600 for 2.5 years without incident. Sena makes an even nicer one (with a wider top closure and places to store 2 flash cards).
    I found the Speck case to be rather good and one of the best I have owned.
    Sena leatherskin rocks. Add some screen protector material and you're all set.
    My wife and I both ended up getting the Palm Hard Case due to the total protection it offers. It would be nice to not have to open it to see who's calling, but hey that's what caller-id-ringtones are for right?!?! I can feel it vibrate through the case, you do have to crank up the volume if it's not on vibrate but it's not bad. My wife took the belt clip off since she carries it in her purse anyway and it provides alot more protection from dust, key nicks, and anything else the inside of a womans purse can throw at it! I carry mine left side on my belt and can easily open it enough to see who's calling and pull it out for messaging/sms. I do wish palm would have built it just a hair bigger all the way around to accomidate a skin on the Treo for handling and "accidents" that might occur outside the case. We are both very pleased with this case and after using a couple of leather/plastic Verizon/PalmOne cases this does the trick. As a side note to anyone considering the PalmOne Leather case that has the Plastic over the Keyboard (first version covered the screen and made stylus use non existend except for a missguided poke here and there) when you press a key sometimes the plastic causes the key next to or above the key you intend to press to get pressed instead resulting in a higher typo rate.

JMHO YMMV
    J
    I also think the Sena leatherskin is the way to go.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    I've been on this quest since getting my 700 about a month ago. The Verizon clip has a small tab that wore quickly and was useless. So...I purchased the Covertec lateral pouch, which arrived with a loose clip, and the buttons were compressed while inside (yes, I use keylock, but how long do you think the bottons last when they are held in the pressed position?). Next was the Sena lateral...beautiful case and no button presses. I use it, but always worry about the magnetic closure strap popping open...hasn't happened yet...and as there are no openings/holes, the ringer is lower in the case. Finally purchased the Seidio II (updated), and this works well, but there's little (no) clearance for the SD card, and I'm sure over time it will scratch the Treo.
    At this point, the safest and most useful to me is the Sena with the phone on vibrate, or the Seidio on ringer
    STILL searching....
    The hard Magnesium case is the one I use. My 700w has survived several drops onto hard pavement. If you're a klutz like me, I highly recommend it.

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-23--243.htm
    I seem to be different than the norm because I use a skin. The one from Amazon comes with a clip. The clip is a little flimsy but I don't use it all the time -- mainly if I'm going to & from meetings. Other than that, I carry it or put it in something like my purse.

The skin is CHEAP, low profile, has cut outs for everything, hugs the Treo nicely and has a grippy, non slip feel. I don't have to bother with muffled sounds, opening and closing.

I haven't dropped mine but my coworker has and he said it has protected his Treo. Good luck with your search.
  13.    #13  
    After much research and consideraton of all the alteratives and options, I decided to purchase the MOBO organizer case, partly because it can hold my business cards for the 3 companies I represent and customers business card I get in the course of my day. I used to put these in a pocket in my Dayrunner(how long ago that seems now) I normally wear a company polo shirt that doesn't have a pocket so the MOBO will keep my cards handy without having to stuff them in a pants pocket. IT also appears to do a good job of covering up the Treo and protecting the SD card. Having cutout was not a primary factor as I will be normally removing the Treo from the MOBO to make calls, enter data, charge, synch, etc. as that is what I did with my holster and I am used to operating that way. Thanks for all of your suggestions and feedback. I got the replacement Treo, now all I need is the case.
    After much research and consideraton of all the alteratives and options, I decided to purchase the MOBO organizer case, partly because it can hold my business cards for the 3 companies I represent and customers business card I get in the course of my day. I used to put these in a pocket in my Dayrunner(how long ago that seems now) I normally wear a company polo shirt that doesn't have a pocket so the MOBO will keep my cards handy without having to stuff them in a pants pocket. IT also appears to do a good job of covering up the Treo and protecting the SD card. Having cutout was not a primary factor as I will be normally removing the Treo from the MOBO to make calls, enter data, charge, synch, etc. as that is what I did with my holster and I am used to operating that way. Thanks for all of your suggestions and feedback. I got the replacement Treo, now all I need is the case

If you are interested i have this case that i used a couple of times if interested you can have it for $15.00

Fred
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Glad no one sugested Vaja , mine wore out after 13 months ($119) , thought that was lousy considering price.

Trust me I was careful with it, again knowing what it cost.

Emailed vaja, thier response was pretty much bad luck.

Looking for a new case myself ,might try the sena.
    ITA. My Vaja started peeling after a couple of weeks. After sending pictures to them, they did replace it, however. I've left it in its box since it is too fragile and expensive for daily use.

I was quite pleased with the Sena case I used on my 600 and if I didn't like the InvisibleShield so much, I'd get one for my 700w.
  17.    #17  
    Fred,
    Thank you for the offer on the MOBO but I have already ordered one from the TReocentral store. Why are you giving yours up. Are you having problems with it?

Brent
  18.    #18  
    I have had my MOBO case for 2 months and it works great. I have not dropped the phone or lost an SD card. The case is holding my Ambicon wireless SD card,5-6 business cards, my Verizon Merits card and 2-3 store membership keyring cards(Office Depot, Ace Hardware)I ended up punching a hole in the bottom for access to the headphone jack. The only real drawback is that I have to turn off the Treo when I put it in the case or buttons get pushed in, activating messaging or the start button or contacts and accidently phoning a contact..