1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having this problem with SMS messages being recieved twice by people getting SMS from me? I have the 700w on verizon. Everytime I send a SMS people ask me why I keep sending my messages twice to them. It even does it on AIM mobile. So when I send messages back to people on AIM using SMS they get my responses twice. How do you fix this?
    that's odd...cuz i've had it where the message seemed to be stuck in the outbox and wouldnt send...when in fact it was sending...like 6 times to the recipient. I think for me at least it occurs when i get the software error tmail.exe a reboot solves that
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    I find that when I compose text messages at a time when I have no service that duplicate messages are sent out when I move into a service area.
  4. SHV
    this started happening to me recently, but in the other direction- I got my son a new Motorola 815 a couple of months ago, and I sometimes get duplicates from him. He's never indicated that he gets multiples the other way around, but his text messaging usage has gone through the roof. I have often wondered if the Verizon system was double counting.... keep an eye on yours, and let us know.
    yes, this is happening to my wife's treo 650 through verizon. SEVERAL calls with tech support have not resolved it. I would love to know howto fix this.
    i have that problem in reverse... i get messages sent to my phone twice sometimes..a lot lately... one of my friends is on t mobile and im on verizon and i contantly get 2 msgs whenever she sends me a text..it sucks cuz its using up my 500 texts! i dont mind when it happens with verizon ppl cuz i got in texting anyways...
    i've been having this problem from day one....it is not always the case and i have not measured to see if it is a "connectivity/signal strength" issue. most everyone i sms is a verizon customer, so we receive duplicates from each other. it is never more than two messages either way (i receive of theirs, they receive of mine)
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter
    that's odd...cuz i've had it where the message seemed to be stuck in the outbox and wouldnt send...when in fact it was sending...like 6 times to the recipient. I think for me at least it occurs when i get the software error tmail.exe a reboot solves that
    i had one instance where it sent 16 duplicate messages out...that was a charming feature :-\