Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    This was mentioned in another thread but I hope others might have some insight on this issue having its own thread.

My Gmail (whether new or not) disappears every "send/receive" session. Is there any way to prevent this?
    Technically, the POP protocol only lets your download all or none of the emails. So getting just the last one or two that arrived is not possible. FOr this reason you lose the emails and it re-downloads them. Sorry. Get google to use IMAP and things will be better.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    My Yahoo Bizmail is POP also and the 700w doesn't erase all the old email b4 redownloading new ones, only Gmail does this. Especially with the new update, Outlook mobile checks for new mail constantly, so my Gmail disappears even b4 I can check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjones
    Technically, the POP protocol only lets your download all or none of the emails. So getting just the last one or two that arrived is not possible. FOr this reason you lose the emails and it re-downloads them. Sorry. Get google to use IMAP and things will be better.
    Actually, the POP protocol allows downloading any number of discrete messages using individual 'retr' commands. Most clients (e.g. Outlook) simply download everything that is not stored locally for convenience.

Gmail seems to work just like every other pop account I have tried. The 700 will download messages that are new and keep them until another pop client (Outlook) also downloads them. I just tried this. I did a send/rcv multiple times and the messages did not erase until I downloaded them to my PC. Then, on the next 700 send/rcv, the 700 deletes the mails that were downloaded to the PC.

Not the way I (and others) want it to work.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Just got help over at HOFO.

Set it to receive only the message headers and not the full copy, then set it to include 999kb of the message body
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahmeanz
    Just got help over at HOFO.

Set it to receive only the message headers and not the full copy, then set it to include 999kb of the message body
    I tried that, and Im still having the sames issues as you are/were.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    working fine for me...it disappeared only once during this weekend but I think that was a Gmail issue...
    Other solution to this gmail problem is to do what I do. I have my gmail forwarded to an email account I made with my domain. I then have the treo download from there. I have my outgoing mail server still set to google's so my "sent" emails can "synch" with my gmail's sent folder. Works flawlessly!