1.    #1  
    I have my Inbox sorted with the latest message on top. Before the upgrade, I could hit the UP rocker a few extra times to be sure I was really at the top of the list. Now, going up from the top message wraps around to the oldest message instead, and that may be hundreds of messages away from where I meant to be.

This has the look of a (misguided) new feature rather than a bug. Can it be turned off somehow?
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I agree 100%! I didn't even realize that I had scrolled up "to the bottom" until I opened a few emails and had a deja vu moment. I'm comfortable with not having super quick access to my 7 day old emails. If anyone knows how to turn it off, post it up!
    Agreed, I noticed this on day 1 after the update and it annoys the living **** out of me. Perhaps it's a registry entry? I doubt we'd be that lucky. Probably some asinine feature added in by some crazed product marketing manager.
    That's not even as bad as the "feature" that requires you use a styles to edit emails. In any program if you hit the up arrow you are taken to the line just above it. Hit the up arrow and it takes you one PAGE up. Want to get several lines down in the middle of an email? It's either scroll hundreds of characters horizontally or whip out that stylus.

It is as though there was not one person who even USED Pocket Outlook before it was released.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    One semi-fix to the looping problem is to push and hold the up button. The scrolling will then stop at the top.
  6.    #6  
    That works if you're not already sitting on the top message, but not if you are. So the drill would be to tap down, then hold up. Helpful suggestion but, as you say, only a semi-fix. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangible
    That works if you're not already sitting on the top message, but not if you are. So the drill would be to tap down, then hold up. Helpful suggestion but, as you say, only a semi-fix. Thanks.
    OMG! And if it wraps to the bottom you actually have to push DOWN once to get all the way back to where you where at the top! It's inhumane I tell you! I would much rather have to get my stylus out and drag the scroll bar down a couple hundred emails to get from top to bottom (or vice versa) than to take advantage of a handy feature! But wrap around is different - and different just plain sucks!
  8.    #8  
    The RIGHT way to do quick navigation in the email list was implemented in the Blackberry years ago: Type T to get to the top of the list, and B to get to the bottom. In the Treo, the alpha keys are dead while you're looking at the email list, so they might as well be put to some use.
    So, can we get up a petition to have this feature removed? Maybe a class action lawsuit...those are always popular! I for one am suffering severe mental anguish from this feature...that should be worth a few millon bucks, don't you think?
    I guess we should be thankful that the designer doesn't work for a car company. He might implement a convenient feature where turning the steering wheel really hard to the right makes the car turn left.