Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    The Etymotics ER6i's are the best for jogging. I've been using my Samsung I730 and Treo 700W for a long time this way. I either listen to a streaming radio station or my mp3 files. The whole playlist thing is a hassle, I need to look into some of the recommendations here. The ER6i's are the best though. I use the flange tips so they don't block out sound but they stay fixed and I don't have to constantly re-adjust them. I also use the P6 case (I believe that's the one) and it's nice having the cell phone with me at the same time.
    how on earth do you manage to keep the treo attached to you.
    - shaun82

I just bought the Alterra by Camelbak. It's a hydration pack that you can strap around your waist instead of wearing a backpack version. It fits the Treo unlike other small packs. It carries 28 oz of water, has pockets for other things like keys, money, etc. and is still small.

I also agree with reverged about the headphones. Why spend over $100 bucks on something you're going to sweat on and wear out quickly? Not to mention you gotta hear what's around you. I use the default earbuds that Apple provides with their ipods. I think you can get them cheaply from an Apple store plus I bought extra earbuds so when the old ones get a little gross, I just pop them out and plug in a new pair... and wha-la! like new.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Using ORB, I expose all the video and music from my home computer to my treo 700w through the browser and media player. That's probably about 400 Gigabytes of media -- I'd like to see an iPod do that!
    --jaslo
  4.    #24  
    Well, I gave up. The app I tried PocketMusic kept on locking up. The other day it locked up 3/4 of the way into my run. I don't need that going on. The other app I tried wasn't any good either just from a UI standpoint. So I came to the conclusion that the 700w cannot be an iPod replacement and gave in. I now have a 1gb iPod Nano and it works great... and the cool thing is I don't have to reboot it before I go for a run
    Palm Treo 700w, Motorola Q
    Fully Converged, Cell Phone Videos
    Quote Originally Posted by sourmash
    Well, I gave up. The app I tried PocketMusic kept on locking up. The other day it locked up 3/4 of the way into my run. I don't need that going on. The other app I tried wasn't any good either just from a UI standpoint. So I came to the conclusion that the 700w cannot be an iPod replacement and gave in. I now have a 1gb iPod Nano and it works great... and the cool thing is I don't have to reboot it before I go for a run
    There is a bug with PocketMusic that hangs when you have the gapless playback effect enabled. With it unchecked I don't have any hangs using it. I have reported it to them and they are working on a fix.

As far as rebooting is concerned; ever since I found out about the Oxios Hibernate trick I rarely have to reboot anymore.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113574
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12