1.    #1  
    Hi -

My IT dept is giving up on me since they will only officially support the 650, but since I bought the 700w when it came out, I was grandfathered in.

Anyway, here is the email I sent to my IT guy (after looking at it, he punted and said I will need to replace my device.). I believe we are using goodlink version 4.8.1.14. Any ideas?
    ---------------------------------
    Hi Jim -

I upgraded the ROM to 1.1, hard reset,

1. Download file "GetGoodLinkPPC2005.cab"
    2. Put in username and PIN (exactly as it is in the setup file you pushed me)
    3. Gets to "Status: Securing Channel"
    4 Receive error box: "An unknown error occurred. Error code 0x4"

Basically, it never gets past securing channel. Any ideas? Where can I go from here?

Thanks, Tim
    they seem to be having a lot of issues right now. oops, now the Goodguy will come in here and be a badguy and tell you your IT guys are crazy. just warning you...
    Quote Originally Posted by trondeau
    Hi -

My IT dept is giving up on me since they will only officially support the 650, but since I bought the 700w when it came out, I was grandfathered in.

Anyway, here is the email I sent to my IT guy (after looking at it, he punted and said I will need to replace my device.). I believe we are using goodlink version 4.8.1.14. Any ideas?
    Hi Jim -

Basically, it never gets past securing channel. Any ideas? Where can I go from here?

Thanks, Tim

Question Mode: ON

Have you contacted GoodGuy directly in the developer sub-forum?

Qusetion Mode: OFF
    Have them remove you and reprovision the device. Then go directly to https://get.good.com ON YOUR DEVICE and punch in your exchange email address and pin that they provide on the reprovision.

There is something that takes place during the initial provisioning and download from good.com that doesn't happen sometimes when installing from the cab. Plus you get the version that is selected in the good console. if they have 4.7 selected and you are trying to install and authenticate with 4.8 that can cause a failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by trondeau
    Hi -

Hi Jim -

Thanks, Tim

Couple of things:

1) Make sure they are running 4.8 on your GL server.
    2) Get them to remove you and then re-add you to the GL server
    3) Go to get.good.com through your browser on the phone
    4) Make sure you have decent signal strength
    5) Run the installer
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    they seem to be having a lot of issues right now. oops, now the Goodguy will come in here and be a badguy and tell you your IT guys are crazy. just warning you...
    gharrod, I don't what I ever did to you or against you, but your constant trolling is starting to get a bit annoying. Best I can tell, you have never seen GoodLink nor know anything about GoodLink, yet you insist on jumping into every thread you can. Give it a rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    gharrod, I don't what I ever did to you or against you, but your constant trolling is starting to get a bit annoying. Best I can tell, you have never seen GoodLink nor know anything about GoodLink, yet you insist on jumping into every thread you can. Give it a rest.
    Agreed. Goodguy, you have been a true asset on this message board, thank you for your constant advice, suggestions, and the like.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    GoodGuy: Thank you for your outstanding support on the board. Please try to ignore the negativity, MOST of us appreciate your support!

Signed,
    A Goodlink Addict
  9.    #9  
    Although my IT dept isn't running 4.8 on the server, this "quick fix" worked - I now have it installed and it seems to be running properly. Thanks for the quick response!