Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'd like to announce the release of Live Baseball Browser 2006. With it, you can use your mlb.com subscription to listen to or watch live or past games on your Treo 700w or other Windows Mobile device. You can get LBB 2006 at http://www.ivanx.com . If you're a baseball fan, please check it out!

Note that to watch games, you need a steady 400 kbps connection, which EVDO does not reliably provide -- in my testing on a Verizon Treo 700w in NYC, sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Radio broadcasts always work.

Live Baseball Browser
    live baseball for your Windows Mobile device
    http://www.ivanx.com
    Wow, Im excitied about trying this out. How many times can you test the program before you need to purchase? I just want to make sure that I give it ample time for a test run before I pay. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Actually, the current version has no restrictions, so you can try it out all you want. Version 1.1 (which will be a required update) is going to be released soon and I haven't decided how many demo plays you'll get -- probably 5 or 10.

Ivan.
    Great, just wanted to check. I just d/l it and am playing around with it. Can't wait until the Cubs game tonight.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    so i cant use it without the mlb.com subscription?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    If you don't have an mlb.com subscription, you can still watch highlight clips. But for live games you need a subcription. I believe the current cost is $14.95 for the season for radio only, $90 for TV, and $100 for everything. You should check their site for the latest prices.

Ivan.
    Any reason why this site is down?
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Who knows, it's been down for a long time.
    Go Bucks!
    Interesting. I needed to update my old version for the upcoming season. I guess that isn't going to happen unless someone else here might have a working copy.
    Atleast we now have an answer:
    Where's LBB?

Unfortunately, MLB Advanced Media requested that I shut down Live Baseball Browser, so LBB will not be available in 2007.

Needless to say, this is a major bummer, and not a choice I want to make, and not the news I want to deliver. But the alternative is being a lone developer against an army of lawyers representing a company that really wants to control every aspect of how their products are used and distributed.

It doesn't really matter whether I have the legal right to develop and distribute LBB (which I believe I do). I don't have the resources to fight for it.

Thanks much for all your kind words of support and enthusiasm for LBB 2006 (and MTR). And good luck to your team in 2007!

Ivan X