1.    #1  
    I am currently using mail2web for activesync but recently have noticed that it is keeping my connection active every 10 minutes. This is constantly draining my battery to the point where I can't finish a day without it dying on me. Can anyone give me some feedback between the two (4smartphone vs. mail2web), besides the fact that one is free. Is anyone having any problems with 4smartphone?

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    Mail2web.com support just got back to me and stated that the active connection that I continually have is due to Microsoft Direct Push. They said that if I disable it on my phone, it will resolve the issue. The only problem is: I WANT DIRECT PUSH! This is one of the reasons why I got there service.

Does anyone out there know if 4smartphone has this issue? I need to know before I purchase their service.

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    From what other people have stated on here 4smartphone is good to go...

...mail2web's comments show me that their reps dont have a clue.
    nope no probs for me on 4smartphone
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan
    I am currently using mail2web for activesync but recently have noticed that it is keeping my connection active every 10 minutes. This is constantly draining my battery to the point where I can't finish a day without it dying on me. Can anyone give me some feedback between the two (4smartphone vs. mail2web), besides the fact that one is free. Is anyone having any problems with 4smartphone?

Thanks!
    I had the same problem. Try out the free 15day trial period of 4smartphone (i'm on day #14 myself)...you will notice your battery life much improved.

Check out this discussion which is basically what you are experiencing:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=mail2web

I'll probably buy the year plan...so far have been happy with 4smartphone....just wish I could have kept the Free version, but 4smartphone just seems more reliable - plus your return email remains the same (not blah@mail2web.com).
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have used them both and 4smartphone.net hands down.......
  7.    #7  
    Thanks guys. I did the switch and so far it's been great. I didn't know that it supports MS Entourage! I don't own a MS computer so this application is hands down much better for me.
    Tried mail2web and nothing but problems. Got different setting suggstions from different reps (India tech support), but these guys had no clue! Went directly to 4smartphone months ago and works like a charm, super-reliable! Go for it.