Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. bryanlee's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have had the Sony Ericsson bluetooth headset HBH-610... and I was using it before with Motorola E815 until I got my treo recently.. It was no sweat connecting it to work with the Treo, but my problem started from then..

    First of all, I hear static every time i'm talking on the phone.. It's not that severe to the point where I have to stop using it, and fortunately the person on the other side doesn't hear any static at all.

    Secondly, it's the battery problem. I use wireless sync, browse the internet 30-40 mins a day, talk on the phone for about an hour or two each day, and if i am not using the bluetooth, i would still have about 30-40 percent of battery left when i get home around 8PM, but with use of bluetooth headset, I run out of battery around 4:30 and have to recharge it again at the office..

    So I am wondering if these symptoms are something that everyone's going thru or is it just me??
  2. #2  
    Acutally I experience the same symptoms when I use my Motorola HS-850. I know that BT sucks a lot of battery power, but that is seriously a huge difference.
  3. jaslo's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #3  
    I gave up on my bluetooth headset for that very reason (although I still use bluetooth sync and GPS). Maybe someday Microsoft will release a decent stack so that I can keep the headset in my pocket all day without draining the phone battery.
    --jaslo
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanlee
    I have had the Sony Ericsson bluetooth headset HBH-610...
    I have the same headset and I don't notice the static hardly at all. About the only time I can hear the static is if I get too far away from my phone. The only thing I can really complain about with this headset is the sound when conditions get windy, it can sometimes be a struggle to hear your conversation.
  5. #5  
    I've been through 4 headsets now and have the same problems with all but one. My first was the Nextlink Bluespoon AX2, loved this little headset, had some static but worked pretty well. Next, Motorola H700 this would have probably been my favorite except the static that increased more than 3 feet line of sight from the 700w was unbareable. The H700 flips closed when not in use but for some reason if you leave it on your ear it goes into it's own powersaving mode and really saved on the Treo battery. 3rd was the Plantronics Discovery 640. Nice loud earpiece on both ends but no noise canceling caused the background noise on my end to be louder than me to the person on the other end. 4th is my current Jabra JX10 nice and small also but quasi noise canceling could be better. Both of the last two are nice and give excellent range 10+ feet with minimal static but don't do their own powersave so I would keep them off till a call comes in and then turn on, wait for re-pairing and then hit the headset button to answer. I've used the Powersave key on the registry but it just doesn't seem to re-connect reliably compared to just turning it on each time. It seems if there is a connection to the treo the battery drain is the same in or out of a call and it will go very quickly.
    Sorry for any spelling errors, this was all typed on my 700w
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wupatki
    I've been through 4 headsets now and have the same problems with all but one. My first was the Nextlink Bluespoon AX2, loved this little headset, had some static but worked pretty well. Next, Motorola H700 this would have probably been my favorite except the static that increased more than 3 feet line of sight from the 700w was unbareable. The H700 flips closed when not in use but for some reason if you leave it on your ear it goes into it's own powersaving mode and really saved on the Treo battery. 3rd was the Plantronics Discovery 640. Nice loud earpiece on both ends but no noise canceling caused the background noise on my end to be louder than me to the person on the other end. 4th is my current Jabra JX10 nice and small also but quasi noise canceling could be better. Both of the last two are nice and give excellent range 10+ feet with minimal static but don't do their own powersave so I would keep them off till a call comes in and then turn on, wait for re-pairing and then hit the headset button to answer. I've used the Powersave key on the registry but it just doesn't seem to re-connect reliably compared to just turning it on each time. It seems if there is a connection to the treo the battery drain is the same in or out of a call and it will go very quickly.
    Sorry for any spelling errors, this was all typed on my 700w
    Thanks Wupatki for your insights. When you used the H700, did it automatically connect to incoming calls when you flipped the boom open? Other threads have identified this as a problem and I've experienced it myself first hand. Seems the only way to reliably connect to an incoming call is to first answer call with phone, then open boom, then press phone button on headset(twice) then go to "connect bluetooth" in phone menu. Ugh.

    Given this and perplexing bluetooth battery drain, I'm considering using JX10 in exactly the mode you recommend- leave it off when not use and turn on for incoming calls. When you did this, how quickly did the JX10 power up and did it automatically connect to the call?

    Thanks again.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanlee
    I have had the Sony Ericsson bluetooth headset HBH-610... and I was using it before with Motorola E815 until I got my treo recently.. It was no sweat connecting it to work with the Treo, but my problem started from then..

    First of all, I hear static every time i'm talking on the phone.. It's not that severe to the point where I have to stop using it, and fortunately the person on the other side doesn't hear any static at all.

    Secondly, it's the battery problem. I use wireless sync, browse the internet 30-40 mins a day, talk on the phone for about an hour or two each day, and if i am not using the bluetooth, i would still have about 30-40 percent of battery left when i get home around 8PM, but with use of bluetooth headset, I run out of battery around 4:30 and have to recharge it again at the office..

    So I am wondering if these symptoms are something that everyone's going thru or is it just me??
    It's not just you. My battery life on Treo 700W is awful with Bluetooth on. This has been identified in other threads, but no there appears to be no reliable fix other then turning off your headset when not in use. This makes the power on time and connection very important when considering bluetooth headset for the 700W. BTW, I don't recall having these issues with PalmOS. It's very frustrating the Palm has chosen to have such a poor bluetooth integration.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc.miller
    Thanks Wupatki for your insights. When you used the H700, did it automatically connect to incoming calls when you flipped the boom open? Other threads have identified this as a problem and I've experienced it myself first hand. Seems the only way to reliably connect to an incoming call is to first answer call with phone, then open boom, then press phone button on headset(twice) then go to "connect bluetooth" in phone menu. Ugh.

    Given this and perplexing bluetooth battery drain, I'm considering using JX10 in exactly the mode you recommend- leave it off when not use and turn on for incoming calls. When you did this, how quickly did the JX10 power up and did it automatically connect to the call?

    Thanks again.
    When I had the H700 I would just flip it open when an incoming call rang and it would connect and answer, I don't remember ever having to press the talk button except when I left it on my ear. As far as the JX10, if I pull it from my pocket on the first ring and am pressing the button while I put in on/in my ear I can usually catch the call before it goes to voicemail. It does take a couple of rings but for the most part I just let people that call me on a regular basis know not to hang up too soon. I have had times when I turn it on, place it in my ear and the phone just will not connect to it. It even shows the paired bt status icon but no go and I end up answering on the phone. I think there must still be some bugs/glitches in the WM5 BT software. It just like not being able to reliably use the PowerSave key in the Registry, it just isn't 100% reliable all of the time. The one thing that seems to affect turning on the headset when a call comes in is if I'm not on the Today screen it seems to have more problems as far as connecting, might just be me but I've noticed when I open the case and look at it after a problem I've usually left it in the messaging app.

    I still won't let anybody pry the Treo from my hands

Posting Permissions