1.    #1  
    or is it a service that some think will be offered when they release the VZ Treo 700p?

--the Title/msg has obviously been edited
    Last edited by oalvarez; 05/18/2006 at 06:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Huh? I'm not getting what you're asking. I gather it's about DUN, which the answer to is almost always PDANet.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Perhaps he's asking if 700w DUN will be "supported" by Verizon (although I'm pretty much guessing since the subject line is somewhat incoherent). Right now, the Treo 700w is not one of the Verizon approved DUN devices.
  4.    #4  
    yes, Kupe, and please forgive the somewhat incoherent subject line. that is exactly what i am asking. wondering if VZ was going to offer DUN on the T700w given that it the new VZ T700p will.

thanks
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Remember it is an additional $15/month option.. (or will be)
  6.    #6  
    thanks for that. i would love the ability as i have found myself at times in spots where wi-fi/internet capability isn't available.
    For $34.00 you can do it now with just your data package with PDA net.

I was on a regional business trip with some associates recently and was not driving. I was able to tether my device in the back seat of the car and was reading and posting on forums as well as responding to some emails while we were on the road. It was quite cool and useful.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    For $34.00 you can do it now with just your data package with PDA net.

I was on a regional business trip with some associates recently and was not driving. I was able to tether my device in the back seat of the car and was reading and posting on forums as well as responding to some emails while we were on the road. It was quite cool and useful.
    Thanks for the reply. Can it be done wirelessly? What you mention is exactly what I am after.

Thanks again.
    Yes, you can use the 700W as a DUN modem using PDANet. According to Verizon's Terms of Service, you may not use the 700W as a DUN Modem. The likelihood you'll be caught/penalized for using the 700W as a DUN modem is low (so long as you don't run your eBusiness Streaming Website using this ), but you should be aware there are potential penalties.

I call weekly to check with Verizon to see if they offer a DUN package for the 700W - so far they don't.
  10.    #10  
    Kupe, thanks again. Can it be done wirelessly?
    Yes, it can be done wirelessly with PDANet and a Bluetooth laptop.
    http://www.junefabrics.com

1.64 with bluetooth beta.