Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I got the 312mhz version of skype on my treo 700w

no overclocking. I notice that in some area skpe works well and in other area skype is choppy and the other party can't hear what I say. I close all other running programs when I use Skype.

This would lead me to believe is more of an issue with the evdo speed and reception as oppose to the Treo not having enough CPU power to run the program.

The voice service plan I have with Verizon gives me only 450 minutes a month so I try to use Skype to make my calls whenever I can.

I am in Brooklyn, NY and I tried it in numerous sites around the south area of the borough. From the sites I tested, I was able to make successful calls roughly about 50% of the time. Admittedly, most of those calls were under 2 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBoisseau
    Do you really think purchasing XCPUScalar will solve my remaining problems with some "dropped" words?
    I definitely saw the difference between using Skype with and without overclocking. If you want to be able to use Skype, I say contact the XCPUScalar developer, inform them that their trial version is not working, and offer two alternatives:

1. More time on a trial - Having to reset your device so many times used up the trial. You only get 15 times after a reset and that can be used up in a day if you are trying different software.

2. Purchase and get a refund if it doesn't work after testing for 7 days. (They may not be able or not willing to give you more time with their software protection scheme.)

Most developers "get it" and help you out.

Alternatively, you can search for and delete the XCPUScalar registry entries after uninstalling it. Then reinstall and see if you have more time. I'm not suggesting stealing apps cuz I'm adamantly against that. I do feel that you should be able to test software before purchasing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12