Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Hello board denziens, new user here of the Treo 700w.

I'm trying to figure out if I can do without Active Sync and only use the Wireless Sync from Verizon.

Have any of you out there ditched the cables completely and if so, how are you transferring and installing programs and such?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo

I'm trying to figure out if I can do without Active Sync and only use the Wireless Sync from Verizon.

Have any of you out there ditched the cables completely and if so, how are you transferring and installing programs and such?

Thanks in advance.

As a Mac user I do not use ActiveSync. I use a hosted exchnge server for syncing my mail and contacts. As for installing programs, I just copy the CAB file to the sd card and install it from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo

Thanks in advance.
    i just uncheck everything on activesync... so i use active sync to install apps but wireless sync for eveyrhting else...so far so good... plus.. u need active sync for pdanet!
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    nice replies thanks
    Until the update fixed my AS connection, I did very well without a cable connection. I placed the CAB file for each install on my SD card, and ran the install from it, rather than having AS so the install. I don't use Wireless Sync either. Now Exchange push, before the update checked avery 15 minutes.

Truth be told, now that AS works I hardly ever use a cable connection except to charge when I'm on the road, and to back up my SD card.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Skipster: How are you transfering data using AS but no cable, bluetooth? Ir?
    When I have to transfer data that does not fit in email, I use a card reader to put data on the SD card, OR I use FTP to pull data from my server over EVDO.

In a pinch I do use IR or the cable, but not very frequently.
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    I've reconfigured my AS profile to not sync anything except files and it seems to be working swimmingly. Now I can download .exe install files and simply let em rip.

Checking into pdanet right now. Sounds like a handy proggy!

Thanks again for all the responses.