1.    #1  
    I really only use my Treo as a phone, to browse the web, and check email. I don't instant message, play games, etc. It's just too much work getting that stuff to work. However, I just went to KFOG's website and they have a mobile streaming link. (KFOG is a radio station in SF). All you do is go to it with your browser and it opens up your windows media player and plays. I'm listening to it now and it sounds good. For you advanced people that have configured your Treo to control drone aircraft over Iraq with GPS while uplinking to a defunct soviet satellite, obviously this isn't a big deal, but hopefully others will think it's cool.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Yeah, that's nice but you can also get GSplayer and use shoutcast for streaming radio or you can get resco's radio and get streaming radio that way too.
    demichae,

Smile, my drone found you by backtracking your IP address.....

All cool stuff is in play here!

Skip
  4.    #5  
    Sweet! That streamcenter site is very cool. They block streaming music at my work, so my Treo is now my radio and it works perfectly, with no headache involved setting it up (a first for my 700w). It does, however, suck the juice out of my battery within about 4 hours. I'm hoping my "unlimited" verizon data plan is truly unlimited!
    Quote Originally Posted by demichae
    Sweet! That streamcenter site is very cool. They block streaming music at my work, so my Treo is now my radio and it works perfectly, with no headache involved setting it up (a first for my 700w). It does, however, suck the juice out of my battery within about 4 hours. I'm hoping my "unlimited" verizon data plan is truly unlimited!
    Keep an eye out on your total data usage (they don't allow streaming in their user contract). It adds up quickly and Verizon has been known to cut off service when the 3 gig mark is passed (has not yet happened to me but others have experienced it).

Neil
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demichae
    Well as long as it is all being used by the treo for the treo they can't say anything. Thats what a rep told me when I asked him about the unlimited plan.