1.    #1  
    Okay, so I've played with my 700 a while, and have decided i don't need a data plan. Can I use all 700w functions on my regular minute plan?
    I used my 600 like this for years.
    Thanks
    you can use all of it. you'll just pay for data as you use it then. you can pay as you go, get 10mb limit (i think), or unlimited. Data gets used up really fast, so just make sure that you aren't going to use the internet, email, etc.
  3.    #3  
    With my treo 600 there was no data plan at all...just regular minutes could be used.
    Is this still possible?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    No, the did away with that a while ago.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G
    With my treo 600 there was no data plan at all...just regular minutes could be used.
    Is this still possible?
    Now they require you to have a data plan when you have a treo activated on your account.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Now they require you to have a data plan when you have a treo activated on your account.
    I didn't have to do this. I have no data plan and just used my old minutes plan.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 80'sbaby
    I didn't have to do this. I have no data plan and just used my old minutes plan.
    Well when I was thinking about getting one they said I have to get a data plan added onto my account. And that was when it was just the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Well when I was thinking about getting one they said I have to get a data plan added onto my account. And that was when it was just the Treo 650.
    They tried to tell me that too. I just told them I was'nt interested and they put it as Pay as you go data plan. Then I just called verizon and told them that I wanted to disable the EVDO and they went ahead and did it. I was having the same problem that is being discussed in another thread. When I was using my WIFI card it was trying to connect to verizon's network. They definetly try and push it on to you, but its not a must.
  9.    #9  
    true...Verizon won't let the phone leave the store without a plan, but you do not need one. I just think they will make me do a minute plan
    You do not need a data plan, I had verizon block my phone from using data - I only call with it. Everything else works flawlessly, maybe even better, as I seldom encounter problems like some do on here.
    tigerdmd is correct. My mom's Treo also has data blocked and she does everything else with it.