1.    #1  
    So, now that it's out, any real-world comparisons by someone who's used both? Do you think they'll give up updating our 700w software now that the P is out?
    Quote Originally Posted by russmd
    Do you think they'll give up updating our 700w software now that the P is out?
    To do what, run the Palm OS?
    So, now that it's out, any real-world comparisons by someone who's used both? Do you think they'll give up updating our 700w software now that the P is out?

They can't. They're 2 entirely different animals.
  4.    #4  
    1. Sorry, but I don't see any recent thread with anybody who has a W in one hand and a P in the other hand telling me which he likes better and why. So the "search before starting a new thread" comment was rude and uncalled for.

2. I know that Windows Mobile and Palm are entirely different OS's. I used to be an avid Palm user since the original PalmPilot until I got my 700w. My point was that, in the past, when a company brings out a later or different model of a particular device or application, they tend to decrease their support of the previous device or application. I like the 700w, but it still has bugs that need attention - the call waiting not hanging up issue, for example.

Thanks,
    Russ
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    1. That isn't a comment, it's his signature. It appears at the bottom of every post he makes, and wasn't aimed specifically at you.

2. This seems more like another model in the 700 line, which would continue to get support, and not a new line altogether. So I wouldn't be worried at all.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    1. Sorry, but I don't see any recent thread with anybody who has a W in one hand and a P in the other hand telling me which he likes better and why. So the "search before starting a new thread" comment was rude and uncalled for.

2. I know that Windows Mobile and Palm are entirely different OS's. I used to be an avid Palm user since the original PalmPilot until I got my 700w. My point was that, in the past, when a company brings out a later or different model of a particular device or application, they tend to decrease their support of the previous device or application. I like the 700w, but it still has bugs that need attention - the call waiting not hanging up issue, for example.

Thanks,
    Russ
    down boy
    I assume the hardware is the same and the only difference is the button logos and the OS. It seems like the 700w uses the same bootloader as the Treo650. I would assume that it wouldn't be impossible to load the 700p software on the 700w. Not sure why anyone would do that but it would be interesting....

Cal
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys. I'm calm now.
    Russ
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    It doesn't matter whether is has a W or P or an L or an X, people are still going to complain about the product not matter what. It's the nature of the beast. People thinking that the 700P is an upgrade to the 700W or a fix for it's issues are going to be disappointed.

FLAME ON JOHNNY!