1.    #1  
    Is there software that can replace the physical reset button on the 700?
    Wisbar and Pocket Plus both have a soft reset menu option.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    SoftReset 1.1 only takes up 9k of space:

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=14504
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    XCPU Scalar has one with it as well
  5.    #5  
    Does SoftReset work well with winmob5?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G
    Does SoftReset work well with winmob5?

has worked great for me.....

Paul G
    <><
    Handymenu does also. Seems to work just like the physical soft reset, only w/o removing the rear cover.
    So does MemMaid
    But the only problem with these problems are when your treo crashes you cant use them (which i s why most poeple want to reset) so all they are doing is taking up memory that you need.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    But the only problem with these problems are when your treo crashes you cant use them (which i s why most poeple want to reset) so all they are doing is taking up memory that you need.
    Bingo!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Not always, I often reset just for maintenance. My treo is fine or maybe a little slow and for example before I go to bed I'm like "I'll do a quick reset" or maybe something just doesn't feel or seem right so I do reset. Its not always 100% of the time I want to reset just because I'm locked up. Plus I'm using XCPU Scalar for my reset button (comes with a reset) so I dont look at as "Taking up memory that you need", since I would have this installed anyway.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash
    Not always, I often reset just for maintenance. My treo is fine or maybe a little slow and for example before I go to bed I'm like "I'll do a quick reset" or maybe something just doesn't feel or seem right so I do reset. Its not always 100% of the time I want to reset just because I'm locked up. Plus I'm using XCPU Scalar for my reset button (comes with a reset) so I dont look at as "Taking up memory that you need", since I would have this installed anyway.
    Exactly. I often do a reset just for the hell of it. A reset is good once and a while just like with a PC. And I hardly consider 9k "taking up memory that you need", it's only 9k!!!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

??

I never had my treo "Crash" to where it just was a brick. It may give me an error once in a blue moon, but never just locks up...

So softreset works great for just getting in a reset now and again to get cleaned up.

Paul G
    <><