View Poll Results: Trade the 700w away for the 700p???

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 24.77%
  • No

67 61.47%
  • Maybe

15 13.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anybody fed up with the 700w and gonna try to trade in for the 700p if/when it comes out for Verizon?

I'm not saying I am....
    I'd consider it but there is no Slingplayer for the Palm OS yet so I'd wait for that. There is a POS equivalent for just about everything else on my 700w.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    how easy would it be to trade? would verizon give u problems if u complained about the memory? just curious, not sying that I want to trade.
    Honestly, I didn't have any issues with the 1.1 update, and since then, my 700w has been a lot more stable. I'm actually pretty satisfied with it right now. But before the update, I was ready to chuck my 700w into Lake Michigan!
    my thoughts too....its been great since the update...I love activesysc!
    The 700W is my first PDA phone. The learning curve with the Windows software and the Treo platform has been longer than I expected. This phone does all I ask and now has the apps I want. I'm not going thru another first release, learn the palm OS, and buy more app software. I'm probably one of the type consumers this device was targeted at. My Treo is now very usuable and functions well for everything I intended to do with it. No change, even for free.
    I'd like to have built in DUN, BT 1.2, and larger screen on my 700w. Plus the dedicated buttons on the 700p are interesting. There are some give and takes either way.
    Why would I want to trade down? Before anyone gets in a huff, that was a joke...

Seriouslly, I don't think there is anything that I would personally gain by going from the W to the P. The 700w is still the best device I've owned so far. Now, I am going to be pointing some coworkers to the 700p. THey were a little initimated and turned off by Windows Mobile but like the functionality of the Treo, so I think the 700p will bridge the divides. But personally, no, 700w for me.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Why would someone pay (assuming the price point is expected to be retail $719 or thereabout) top dollar for an old OS? I know, I know, EVDO.... but again, a very old OS.... com'on Palm you can do better than that.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I wouldn't give up the Windows OS for a Palm OS. Sorry guys I'm a Windows Guy.
    Remember how many problems the Treo 600 had when it came out? Or the 650 had when it came out? Or the 700w? You get my point...I'm not changing anything until the phone has been out for a little while and the bugs are filtered out. Maybe not even then, I'm more than happy with my phone now and I truly believe there are better apps for wm anyway right now.
    I am holding out for the Treo 850V (Vista). While I love palm OS, the current windows os is clunky and inefficient IMO.
    Not gonna trade. No, sir.

Although...isn't it true that the Palm OS is really bloated now and runs very slow on the 700p? And, doesn't the Palm OS crash a lot and require a lot of resets? And, the screen resolution on the 700p isn't it pretty inferior to the 700w?

Oh, wait, I guess it's too early to start the rumors since the thing isn't out yet.
    Skype - Another reason I'm holding off on getting the 700p
    I will wait to see how well push email will work on the 700p. If that's there I would really consider trading. The main reason for me would be the availability of compatible apps. There are ton out there for PalmOS. Pretty much for anything you can think of. Even java apps work. With the 700w we are waiting for developers to get around to creating WM5 and 240x240 compatible apps. When they finally do, it still doesn't work all that well.

It will still come down to how well the 700p handles business applications.
    so how would push work without Windows Mobile. you would need goodlink or some third party app on the server and handheld to make that work. Seems like a step backward now.
    Quote Originally Posted by geralde
    so how would push work without Windows Mobile. you would need goodlink or some third party app on the server and handheld to make that work. Seems like a step backward now.

Blackberry Connect
    @Delta
    I've been waiting for Blackberry Connect to be offered domestically. Where do you read that it will be on the Treo 700p? I've read the contrary here on TC.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    For those of you who plan to switch or trade up, whats your plan. Sell your 700w on ebay, or try to get verizon to offer you an exchange for the 700w?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat
    Remember how many problems the Treo 600 had when it came out? Or the 650 had when it came out? Or the 700w? You get my point...I'm not changing anything until the phone has been out for a little while and the bugs are filtered out. Maybe not even then, I'm more than happy with my phone now and I truly believe there are better apps for wm anyway right now.
    I agree. Now that I've got this bad boy doing what I need done, why change?

D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast