View Poll Results: Trade the 700w away for the 700p???

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 24.77%
  • No

67 61.47%
  • Maybe

15 13.76%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    @Delta
    I've been waiting for Blackberry Connect to be offered domestically. Where do you read that it will be on the Treo 700p? I've read the contrary here on TC.

We currently have all company 650s on the BB server using Blackberry Connect. It has to do with the OS, not the device. BB Connect for Windows Mobile devices is promised later this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer
    We currently have all company 650s on the BB server using Blackberry Connect. It has to do with the OS, not the device. BB Connect for Windows Mobile devices is promised later this year.
    Thanks for this information! Over 6 months ago, RIM Support told me that it was based on device and carrier and that I could not just buy the software, install, and use on a device where there are seats available on the server. Maybe something changed or someone didn't have their facts straight. I'll inquire again.
    Far too little too late. I hope Palm soon rids itself from existence if the WiFi SD card is not compatible, as reported. Same old processor. Yet another phone with marginal improvements. A Treo 650 with EVDO capability and an extra 32 MB of RAM. Ho hum...
    Quote Originally Posted by Souljer
    I agree. Now that I've got this bad boy doing what I need done, why change?

D
    I'm with you. I had to get over the hump of constantly rebooting my Treo. It was driving me crazy. But now that it's set up the way I want it, I haven't had problems or have had to reboot.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I am really tempted to switch to the dark side. The memory issue is getting to me. Some programs are slow to load, especially epocrates. Although WM 5.0 offers a lot of functionality, it seems incredibly bloated. On a WM device with plenty of horsepower and RAM (like the Samsung i730 that i previously owned), it might not make a difference but it is showing on the Treo 700w.
    I had to uninstall Pocket Express by Handmark. It took forever to load and I frequently ran into out of memory issues. Then I saw a video of the 700p and a demonstration of the palm version of Express and it loaded in a second.
    I also like the higher resolution screen.
    Also, developers seem slow to offer adquate square screen support for their programs.
    Yes, the palm os is outdated, but what it does, it does it well.
  6.    #26  
    I think its just a matter or more efficiently maintaining your unit, like regular maintenance on a PC.

i've only really run into bad memory problems maybe once or twice. Of course, I wouldn't mind more memory, but its a phone first for me, and then an emailer/calendar second. I don't need all the bells and whistles--and I think that this is the market that this phone is really aimed after--the corporate user.

If I want to check the weather, I look outside. If I want to listen to music, I use my iPod. If I want to run games, I use my laptop.

I don't look at this phone as a laptop replacement. And I'm sure many corporate users agree with me.

All I need is something that easily syncs with my Exchange server and Outlook. And since the update, that's what this thing does now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    I think its just a matter or more efficiently maintaining your unit, like regular maintenance on a PC.

i've only really run into bad memory problems maybe once or twice. Of course, I wouldn't mind more memory, but its a phone first for me, and then an emailer/calendar second. I don't need all the bells and whistles--and I think that this is the market that this phone is really aimed after--the corporate user.

If I want to check the weather, I look outside. If I want to listen to music, I use my iPod. If I want to run games, I use my laptop.

I don't look at this phone as a laptop replacement. And I'm sure many corporate users agree with me.

All I need is something that easily syncs with my Exchange server and Outlook. And since the update, that's what this thing does now.
    Yeah, what he said.
    I love the 700w. The only reason I bought a Treo 650 is to hold me over untill the unlocked 700w GSM version comes out. I expect that to be at the end of this calender year, so I'll have the 650 for a while. I myself am more of a windows guy. I feel Palm Apps that really make the OS useful, COST MONEY! Things that should come with the phone standard (Does with windows mobile) end up costing you money in the long run.

Not trying to get in a OS war, I was just saying my points.
    Palm I ---> Compaq Areo ---> Toshiba e310 ---> NEC Mobile Pro 770 ---> Toshiba e740 ---> HP jornada 520 ---> Dell Axim x50v (Still own) ---> T-Mobile SDA (Still own) ---> Treo 650 Unlocked Unbranded (Bought 5/18/06)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12