1.    #1  
    You guys aren't going to believe this.. After all the hell i've been through with my phone (and replacement phone!) I finally figured out the problem!

My phone has been running incredibly slow lately. Neither Verizon or Palm could help me. I sent for a new phone and even it had the same problem! Sluggish-ness!

So you want to know the problem? My Today background!! I used an image from the internet (Bliss) as my "wallpaper" or background image. It was causing all my problems! I can't explain why but when I switched back to a standard background (one that came on the phone) it totally went away!!! I can't believe it!

anyone else with this problem I would recommend trying this!
    you probably had it at a super high res. mabye edit it to the res you need it at (240x240?) and you could probably use it again.
  3.    #4  
    Yeah - it was 240x240! I can't explain it?!?
    Make sure to not confuse dimensions with resolution. You can have the 240x240 but make the dpi of the photo is at the most 72dpi.
  5. tmt
    Why would you want 240x240 on the 650's 320x320 screen? The 25% up-resizing is likely the cause of the slowdown, because the background is not always cached. However, even a 1:1 raw image will add overhead. If you want a snappy response, don't use wallpaper.
    I always laugh when I see this type of thing happen to desktops. Someone takes their 2mb digital camera picture and makes it their background. Then wonders why their new computer is so slow...
    tmt, This is a 700w thread. My guess is: tama2112 is using the 700 which is a 240x240 screen.
  8.    #9  
    Im using a 700w?! Dont understand the last post.. However i can confirm that after 2 days the phone is still working great..
    My phone crawls too! Verizon sent a replacement... Just as slow! Palm was no help either. I don't have a hi-res wallpaper running (damn)... No add-on software. I have 1747 contacts and approx 525 appointmemts. Someone at Verizon said that I may have too many contacts and that may be slowing my phone down (don't believe that for a minute).
    PLEASE HELP!!